Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Whats it worth?

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2008, 10:15 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whats it worth?

Hi all. New member and soon to be new LS1 owner (well hopefully). Little background to start.. I have a 1952 Ford F1 (cough cough.. Im building a hot rod so I need a cough cough non-ford engine) I will be stuffing an LS into. I have spent several months collecting parts and exploring various engine combinations. I have had difficulty finding an LS1 in Canada despite the engines popularity. However, I have finally come across and LS1 and T56 from a 2000 Camero but I cant decide if the price is right. How much have people spent on low mileage (ie 10-50km) engine, transmission, ecu and wiring harnesses? I know the sky is the limit but on average how much would a wreck typically sell for. Also, keeping in mind that this vehicle does not have the LS6 heads on it, which I would think would make it less desirable?
I am trying not to get too excited and rush into a deal just because its available. I would appreciate any and all comments or suggestions.
Regards
Old 05-14-2008, 01:20 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I got my engine and trans from a place in canada. I think it was millers auto recycling. Cost me about 4700 after shipping to GA. 22k miles on the clock, came from a 2002 SS. BUT... this was about 2 years ago, I have since tried to get another one from them and they are quoting closer to 6k. If I were you I would wait to find a 01 or 02 so you will get an LS6 intake, better heads and wont have to deal with deleting any EGR crap. I think the 00s were hit or miss with 241 heads, I could be wrong though. If you are going to do H/C/I then it doesnt really matter.