Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

slp dual/dual muffler

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2008, 01:05 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default slp dual/dual muffler

I've made many posts and done many searches to find a way to quiet my car. I have heads/cam Z28 which i drive often. my exhaust setup was originally QTP headers, custom mufflex catted-y, and a corsa catback. I have since swapped out the muffler for one of the SLP dual/dual kind. the infamous one which has since been discontinued. all i have to say is, wow... my car is quiet, VERY quiet. I hear the engine now and not the sound of a machine gun. the corsa had a type of resonance in which the sound would be amplified at about 3k. this is nonexistant with the SLP. it just purs. i am making this post for you guys who are tired of a loud car cause lets be honest, the novelty of a loud car wears off. cops hate us and our neighbors won't say hi to us anymore. and for the kicker, the car is more enjoyable to drive when its quiet. sure you can't scare little children anymore, but if you must, get a cutout!

i hope this post helps someone, or pass the info along.
Old 05-14-2008, 02:21 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lol ya it is a quiet muffler, i used to run lt's and a cut-out with stock catback and it was stupid loud almost, now i replaced the cutoout with a magnaflow catback and now all of a sudden the neighbors are nicer, and evn wave at me now ahaha
Old 05-14-2008, 04:49 PM
Staging Lane

I just recently corked my car with the stock Z28 muffler after driving with TD the past year (dang local noise ordinances). It is silent (even with headers and a cam)...good thing I kept a cutout for fun when needed!
Old 05-14-2008, 08:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Doing the same thing here. I got 3" true duals and Just got a used SLP dual/dual in the mail. I'll be fabbing up a y pipe with a flowmaster merge and using an electric cutout for when I want the loudness back. Makes me feel good in picking a dual/dual for a quiet catback since you posted this. Thanks!
Old 05-14-2008, 08:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Good to hear, I have the same problem and a slp dual/dual setup in the garage waiting for me to install it. I recently moved to a nice neighborhood and my current setup is a nuisance.
Old 05-14-2008, 09:52 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

you guys are gonna love it. its such a great noise the car makes now. subtle yet powerful
Old 05-14-2008, 10:12 PM
11 Second Club

Received 284 Likes on 187 Posts

I love mine...as already said...plenty quiet for normal driving, but loud enough at WOT....

Here's a quick video of idle & rev when first installed (& before I found some tips, lol)

http://www.fquick.com/videos/New_SLP...l_muffler/4853

and here's a dragstrip video...

http://www.fquick.com/videos/MIR_T_amp_T/5261