Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Good deal/tires on Firehawk WideOvals?

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2008, 05:21 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good deal/tires on Firehawk WideOvals?

So after 2 years of baby driving and putting maybe 10k miles on my ride (lol) I finally am forced to replace my tires cuz of a bunch of damn nails and screws that obviously had a grudge against rubber.

I looked thru a few places and a few posts on here. I wanted to hear you guys' opinion on a set of 275/40/17 Firehawk Wideovals. Let it be known in over 2 years i've taken my car to the drag strip once and probly wont again for a while cuz I really dont wanna tear up my DD. I do quite a bit of aggressive road driving tho so grip in the turns and grip in the rain is desired.

I can get the full set installed and lifetime warranty for bout $650. So far thats sounding very nice since I cant afford new rims in my budget yet (I want my "death-on-two-wheels" first ).

Productive opinions are helpful. Thanks guys

Last edited by Jay-SS; 05-16-2008 at 04:35 PM.
Old 05-16-2008, 04:36 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bump. No opinions on these at all? Not even a "they suck" or a "Real men drive thru rain and snow on drag slicks"?
Old 05-16-2008, 06:34 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 539 Likes on 386 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Probably an OK choice but I would get the Goodyear GSD3 tires for the purpose you are suggesting. Tremendous tire and very good in the wet stuff. Not designed for freezing weather or snow though so keep that in mind. I will be getting a set shortly as my Goodyear GSC's are just getting too old to be comfortable in them. So much talk lately about the date codes on tires and I can't believe mine are 8 years old already. Still have lots of tread (just 12,000 miles) but when you feel like taking it for a quick romp in the high mph range you don't want to think about tire failure. I just read that Goodyear is offering a $50 rebate on these as well through May 31. Anything helps.

Last edited by NC01TA; 05-16-2008 at 06:36 PM. Reason: Added line.