Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

another problem with my vortech pump...

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2008, 04:03 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question another problem with my vortech pump...

Hey everybody haven't been around awhile, but seeing that my car is alittle under the weather i must come to you guys for guidance again. I just recently pulled my car out from storage, and i checked the obvious things. When i came to my aftercooler and i found that is was really hot to the touch, i didn't think it would get that hot unless something is not working. Anyways, i checked the coolant, it needed alittle so i filled it up. The vortech overflow tank was seeing no action, i didn't see any coolant in their. So this leads me to one question is the water pump bad? This is the second time it has gone bad, is their any easy way to check if it's bad? If it is, is their a better pump than the vortech? I've changed it already and put about maybe 200 miles on it so needless to say i want a better pump that will hopefully last longer. I was reading about the SVT Lightning pump, would that plug and play with my car, with no modifications? Any insight would be helpfull thanks guys...

Brian
Old 05-19-2008, 03:19 AM
Teching In

i purchased a 2000 m6 t/a with a vortech g trim. i just checked mine the other day and it was very hot also. i pinched the 2 coolent lines and felt no pressure what so ever. i was actually going to post something here in the next few days when i ran across your post. i am new to the g trim since i didnt do the installation, but am very curious as well. if you call vortech, please post here what the verdict is. otherwise when i get some time i will give them a call. and just to compare cause we hardly ever hear from vortech guys, what are all your mods and #'s???
Old 05-19-2008, 09:10 AM
On The Tree

I would check all fuses/relays and traps to include 30,85,86,87.
Ensure that the pump is also running.

Myself I run a Vortech V9 GTrim with Aftercooler.
Let me know what you find
Old 05-19-2008, 09:16 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The lightning pump is a great part. I would run it.

Ryan
Old 05-19-2008, 11:27 AM
Teching In

CPUTECH im curious as to how much pressure you can feel in the 2 lines??

Quick Reply: another problem with my vortech pump...