General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

AC/compressor causes fluxes in voltage/rpm

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2008, 02:23 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AC/compressor causes fluxes in voltage/rpm

when i turn on the AC and im sitting idle my voltage will flux alot. and sometimes get into the low hazard area. and rpms will drop sometimes alogn with it.

my ac makes a bad squealing sound when the compressor is on. grandfather thinks it is the clutch. im not sure. but can that cause my voltageand rpm to jump around?
Old 05-23-2008, 03:35 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GXPPOWER
when i turn on the AC and im sitting idle my voltage will flux alot. and sometimes get into the low hazard area. and rpms will drop sometimes alogn with it.

my ac makes a bad squealing sound when the compressor is on. grandfather thinks it is the clutch. im not sure. but can that cause my voltageand rpm to jump around?
It's the high speed fan causing your voltage issue. Not really a problem unless it dips down low and stays there.

The squeeling is probably the belt (which isn't the same belt that turns the alternator)
My belt squeaks, I sprayed some WD40 on it to be sure it was the belt. If the squeeling goes away it's the belt. I got a new belt and it didn't help. I greased the tensioner and idler pullies, didn't help.
I put on a goodyear gatorback belt and that got rid of the noise.