Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Stereo System Question

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2008, 03:53 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Stereo System Question

Sup guys. I plan on running an amp/sub off of the monsoon HU for a bit.. I already know about the PAC OEM and all those things that give me RCA outputs. I'm not really experienced with sound specs and all, but this is what i'm looking into.
I have a 450W Jensen amp..
What im looking into getting:
http://www.crutchfield.com/S-ocY6lhL...S410&s=0&cc=01

Would that setup be alright in a stealth enclosure box? I'm not sure if the amp is too much/too little power for the sub, so I need you guys.

Also what can I use to control the volume/power of the sub from the front of the car, since i'll be keeping the monsoon for a while..? Also will I need any other fancy stuff to complete the system (capacitors and all that, I don't even know what they are..) And have any of you put the amps on the rear deck behind the seats? (Got pics?) I don't really want to spend $80 on an amp rack.

Thanks everyone
Old 05-25-2008, 09:07 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

450 at what Ohm? Should work for those and you won't need anything like another battery, capacitor or alternator. Pics of amps mounted back there should be floating around here. All you need is the gain/boost **** installed in the front that wires into the sub to control it.
Old 05-25-2008, 09:20 AM
11 Second Club

Hey thanks intercooler I'm not sure about the amp specs because my friend gave it to me.. I'll go get the number off of it and find a link, be right back!
Old 05-25-2008, 09:30 AM
11 Second Club

Here it is, 4Ohm (Made a mistake it's 425W)

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAu...roductID=17180

As for the gain ****, Do I tap the wires for the **** in with the wires that go from amp to sub (while its connected) or do I need to use the one's inside the sub box? I think they're the same right? Now I just need to find a ****, lol.

Edit: This controller stood out the most to me:
click here

All the other one's were used for rockford fosgate and it had specific amp models so idk if those would work..

Last edited by 98 WS6; 05-25-2008 at 09:44 AM.
Old 05-25-2008, 11:42 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Most of the amps I have seen come with the amp control. Usually a wire that looks like a telephone line you just plug into the amp and run up front to the controller. Maybe contact Jensen and see? I have a Kicker that may work for you if the connection is the same and a cable.
Are you running two of those subs? You will need to wire either at 2 Ohms to get any power to them. I would have opted for a Mono-D amp myself but I suppose that one will work okay.
Old 05-25-2008, 04:12 PM
11 Second Club

I saw that kind of telephone wire looking controller yesterday and checked for the output, but it doesnt have it.. I had this amp left over from my 3rd gen thats why I have it lol. Nah i'm only using one 10". I think the RCA controller should work out hopefully