Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what tb and maf setup & injectors??

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2008, 01:33 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what tb and maf setup & injectors??

I recently bought a H/C setup 99 camaro ss, i had a local performance shop tune it (g-force motorsports) and it isnt pushin as much hp as i thought it would be. They seem to think that replacing the fuel pump and injectors with 30# injectors would be a huge help which makes since. So i just wanted to get another opinion on what pound injectors i should use.

Also it still has STOCK maf and tb (which im guessing was parted before i bought it as well as the nitrous setup )

Anyways im just woundering what the best setup would be..
with patriot heads, cam, long tube headers, slp lid, and a ls6 intake.
Old 05-25-2008, 01:36 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Use the stock MAF.
Old 05-25-2008, 01:56 PM
11 Second Club

why stock?? just curious??
Old 05-25-2008, 02:08 PM
Alt
TECH Resident

What is the vehicles current injector duty cycle? That will tell them whether or not you need injectors. If they had tuned it prior, can they provide you with a dyno sheet with the AFR readings on it? A fast 92 setup would increase your power. Which patriot heads and what cam are currently in the car? You can't expect to yield 450rwhp on a 224R cam.
Old 05-25-2008, 02:19 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Alt
What is the vehicles current injector duty cycle? That will tell them whether or not you need injectors. If they had tuned it prior, can they provide you with a dyno sheet with the AFR readings on it? A fast 92 setup would increase your power. Which patriot heads and what cam are currently in the car? You can't expect to yield 450rwhp on a 224R cam.
well thats just the thing! I bought the car from the second owner who didnt kno **** about the car! He drove it for 1000 miles then stored it in his shop. The orignal owner did all the mods. I didnt like the fact but it has 44k miles on it MINT condition and i only paid 11500!! So i couldnt pass up the deal!!! I had to look over the car to figure out what it all has. All he knew was it had h/c and 410 gears. He didnt kno it had the suspension or ls6 intake headers etc lol
Old 05-25-2008, 04:08 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by D. STUNTER
why stock?? just curious??
It flows plenty for your setup..you shouldn't be maxing it out...

G-force Motorsports should have been able to see the duty cycle on their program (HPTuners, EFIlive??)

Edit: I just noticed you have a 99 car, so you have the smaller injectors.. I'd go ahead and at least find some cheap stock 28.8# out of a 01/02 or 98 car.
Old 05-25-2008, 05:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

I think the SVO 30 lbers are a good choice for injectors. I would also stick with the stock maf. It seems like everyone that changes the maf has problems unless you run SD and remove it altogther. Also, a ported factory TB is good for your setup. You only need to go bigger (IMHO) if you go to a fast 90 or 92 setup or something comprable when/if other intakes become available.
Old 05-25-2008, 05:37 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by DaveX
I think the SVO 30 lbers are a good choice for injectors. I would also stick with the stock maf. It seems like everyone that changes the maf has problems unless you run SD and remove it altogther. Also, a ported factory TB is good for your setup. You only need to go bigger (IMHO) if you go to a fast 90 or 92 setup or something comprable when/if other intakes become available.
cool thanks