Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Rim of the World Cruise

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2008, 09:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rim of the World Cruise

I just got back from the rim of the world cruise today with the car coming off the hook. I got to the meet up spot and my car was fine everything seemed fine and the initial cruise up went well once we reached the top of the mountain everyone parked. About 30 minutes after I noticed a puddle under my car and it wasnt evident what it was but i checked all my fluids and there was oil in my coolant and coolant in my oil with a green tint to the oil on the stick even though I'm using dexcool but in the light if you move your finger side to side you could see that it had dexcool in it. Why do cars always break after you spent all your money elsewhere it sux. Anyways there was a lot of cars and we filled the parking lot up in big bear so it seems like racing tommorow will be even better for any who were wondering.
Old 05-25-2008, 10:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TurbopigB4C
I just got back from the rim of the world cruise today with the car coming off the hook. I got to the meet up spot and my car was fine everything seemed fine and the initial cruise up went well once we reached the top of the mountain everyone parked. About 30 minutes after I noticed a puddle under my car and it wasnt evident what it was but i checked all my fluids and there was oil in my coolant and coolant in my oil with a green tint to the oil on the stick even though I'm using dexcool but in the light if you move your finger side to side you could see that it had dexcool in it. Why do cars always break after you spent all your money elsewhere it sux. Anyways there was a lot of cars and we filled the parking lot up in big bear so it seems like racing tommorow will be even better for any who were wondering.
damn ! thats too bad ! did you drive it off ? bad head gasket im guessing huh
Old 05-25-2008, 10:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Where are the pics??????! Bummer about the coolant mixing.
Old 05-25-2008, 10:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i took some pics but i dont have a way to post them. im sure the others will be on tommorow posting up lots of pics. I'm hoping for a bad radiator i wasnt overheating or getting any smoke but i didnt drive it long. No i got it towed home i didnt wanna risk hurting the bottom end by hydrolocking it or just dumping coolant inside im gonna drain them both tommorow and see if i can bypass the oil cooler lines somehow to see if its the radiator and on tuesday i can borrow my friends block checker to see if im getting combustion gases in my coolant. I also pinpointed my coolant leak to the water pump it just started leaking on the drive up the mountain so im guessing it was due to the excess pressure in the coolant system from the blown head gasket but i will still cross my fingers its just a radiator and water pump. I really wanted to do a stroker with l92 heads and i dont got that $$$$ right now i would be saving for like 6 months and i dont know if im willing to wait
Old 05-25-2008, 10:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

The owner of haddads had his supercharged g8 on the cruise i think thats the car that surprised me the most.
Old 05-26-2008, 01:12 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Man, sorry again about your car (I was the guy in the red sweatshirt). I hope it is something simple

Pull any plugs yet? How did you get it the extra 20 miles?
Old 05-26-2008, 01:32 AM
TECH Junkie

damn that sux... wish i could have went... ROTW cruises rock... i try to go every year, but unfortunately i'm out of state now so...

Quick Reply: Rim of the World Cruise