Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Injector size for 200-250 shot???

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2008, 12:15 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Injector size for 200-250 shot???

Just like the title says. I am Just finally finishing my build and I am looking to buy the right parts first. I have just put together a 347 forged engine. Now i am looking for the right nitrous system and fuel system so please help.
Specs:
Diamond pistons -2cc
Eagle h beam rods
PRC 5.3 2.5 heads 59cc
ms4 cam
ls6 intake
pacesetter headers
ETC......

I was thinking of 36lb fast injectors. Just don;t know if there gonna be enough. Also for the fuel pump i'm looking into racetronix kit.
If any sponsors can hook me up with the following that would be great.
1. injectors
2. fuel pump
3. nitrous kit. 200-250 shot.

Thanks for all the help.
Old 05-26-2008, 12:44 PM
11 Second Club

First of all.....you are spraying a dry shot, correct?

If so, SVO 42's are hard to beat. Same price as the rest, and a good tuner can give you just as good an idle as stock

-Will
Old 05-26-2008, 12:57 PM
On The Tree

See i don't know if i'm going with dry or wet. Don't know whats the better route. Where would i get svo 42 injectors from?
Old 05-26-2008, 01:00 PM
11 Second Club

I figure most all of our vendors sell them. They should roughly be 46's in your car, because F-bodys run more fuel pressure than mustangs. If you're going dry, you'll need the added injector. If not, you probably still need something more than stock, but not nearly as much....

On which ones *better*.....do a search and have fune, the debate never ends.

-Will
Old 05-26-2008, 01:14 PM

they say that the direct port injection is the safest way to go and i have never heard of anyone having a problem that had and engine that could handle it and also a good tune....
Old 05-26-2008, 01:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dave at Nitrous Outlet has the sexiest direct port systems out there, give him a call http://nitrousoutlet.com/index.asp
Old 05-26-2008, 03:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In my personal tuning web site i have an Injector Sizing and scaling write up, just plug your numbers in and you get a rec injector size, and also the math for figuring fuel pump needs along with two different methods of upgrading the fuel system in write ups with pics.. Mostly, you just need to consider the overall HP sought, you can include a dry shot into this scenario, whether you go wet or not, at least you'll have sized them to cover a dry shot. there are some DP Dry pics in the above web, or in my Fquick in my sig I have more of the DP Dry pics. I like the safety of the dry, and now with the HSW Interface for dialing in the a/f a street/strip DP Dry is viable and easy for anyone to tackle (easier than a DP wet). Also, there are Dry Plate kits on the market now, and that would be my choice if I was not going DP dry. No more nozzle placement issues and inconsistent a/f ratios. NX also has a nice dry kit coming out, though they adjust a/f mechanically rather than electronically. Many great products out there today, and a good time to be into the spray scene. Good luck, and just stick with a site vendor and you'll do fine.
Robert
Old 05-27-2008, 12:18 AM
TECH Resident

listen to robert56 or call N2o outlet they are the nitrous guys!

Quick Reply: Injector size for 200-250 shot???