Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wiring

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2008, 02:23 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Wiring

I have removed my egr and A.I.R. on my car. There are plugs coming off of where those used to be. Can these wires be used as power sources for the nitrous solenoids. It would clean up wiring if they could be used.
Old 05-26-2008, 02:32 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by stingr
I have removed my egr and A.I.R. on my car. There are plugs coming off of where those used to be. Can these wires be used as power sources for the nitrous solenoids. It would clean up wiring if they could be used.
The EGR should have three wires, one is a good source for 5V for sending unit such as a Autometer Fuel Pressure sending unit or a Nitrous pressure sending unit, one is of course a ground, and the other can be used to log what ever sending unit is attached to the where the EGR was right through the PCM.
Old 05-26-2008, 02:41 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Beer99C5
The EGR should have three wires, one is a good source for 5V for sending unit such as a Autometer Fuel Pressure sending unit or a Nitrous pressure sending unit, one is of course a ground, and the other can be used to log what ever sending unit is attached to the where the EGR was right through the PCM.
The solenoids need 12v don't they? So I'm guessing this can't be used then.
Old 05-26-2008, 02:51 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No bad idea for the noids (and they are in fact 12 V), the noids are high amp, and need a relay.

The air pump is controlled by the PCM, don't know the V but the PCM will will want the control it like an air pump, run on start up for a few seconds then thats it, it will shut off. If you have tuning software you may be able to make it do something for ya, but no for the noids.