Paint & Body Work Custom Painting | Panel Repairs & Replacement

Rear fender panel removal...

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2008, 07:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rear fender panel removal...

Hey fellas. I've been practicing dent removal techniques recently and I've gotten decent at it. The most common area where our cars get beat on the most is above the rear wheel well on the outer fenders. I've been able to remove some dings and dents but some I just can't reach from the inside. Has anyone ever removed one or both of these panels before?

I just happen to park towards the front of the parking lot at walmart the other day (I was in a hurry). And these peoples kids just couldn't get out of their parents car fast enough. What do you know...BAM. Ford Explorer door hits my car, Hard! And it wasn't really the kids fault cuz the wind just happen to come out of nowhere...And thats why I'm here.
Old 05-26-2008, 08:05 PM
11 Second Club

The sheet metal around the rear wheels are the quarter panels and to remove them they have to be cut off. To pull dents in them you will need a slide hammer and stud gun or you can go old school and use a bunch of screws.
Old 05-26-2008, 09:05 PM
Launching!

The panels on the rear end of the car are called quarter panels NOT fenders (it absolutely drives me nuts when someone refers to the 1/4's as fenders). And as stated above they can't be unbolted and removed they are welded on.
Old 05-27-2008, 12:39 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by cvalliere
The panels on the rear end of the car are called quarter panels NOT fenders (it absolutely drives me nuts when someone refers to the 1/4's as fenders).
Sorry....guess I really do learn something new everyday! Well, thanks for the advice. I'm looking at a new paint job in the near future so I'm going to take a shot at it then.

Quick Reply: Rear fender panel removal...