Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Possible APS 427 tt kit. Need help and opinions.

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2008, 03:58 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Possible APS 427 tt kit. Need help and opinions.

Built my motor a year ago to be a big cam NA car. With the L92 setup that does not work. Most in this area are going F1 procharger, to be different I was looking at the Magnasun 2300 but that idea will not work due to there is no kit at this time and nothing being worked on either. I was told that a tt setup would be just like a roots style sc. I would like to give my setup as it is now and have you guys tell me what needs to be done to make this work and you opinions as well.

Compression ratio 12:1.1. Where does it need to be? 9.1 or 8.5??

Fuel system is stock with a walbro intank setup, no hotwire kit.

Clutch is a tex single disc. I know that will not hold up.

Gears 4:10. Seems too steep for a tt car maybe 3:70ish with a 9"

Also, the biggest thing I am faced with is 98 f-body and pcm issues??

Don't get me wrong I do not need 18 lbs but would like a safe or conservative 10-12 range.

My goals are to have a nice 800 + hp at the wheels yet streetable and still have some available hp if I ever wanted to up the boost. Also, I really enjoy the sound of a nice cam vs the sleeper car so to speak. So I would like to keep something decent in the setup.

So what are my necessaties? It would be considered a budget build by most standards so I do not need the most exotic setup just the nuts and bolts of it. Thanks in advance for the help.
Old 05-28-2008, 04:06 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 59 Likes on 44 Posts

you will need to beef up that tranny as you know and get the 9" rear end. Your fuel system will need to be totally done with dual pumps, rails, regulator, feed and return lines, bigger injectors. Motor will want to be around 9-9.5:1 i think would be okay, meth might be a good idea. Hope this helps

Featuring 6 different turbo kits for your F-body!
Check us out on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/HuronSpeed
Old 05-28-2008, 04:33 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Superman09
you will need to beef up that tranny as you know and get the 9" rear end. Your fuel system will need to be totally done with dual pumps, rails, regulator, feed and return lines, bigger injectors. Motor will want to be around 9-9.5:1 i think would be okay, meth might be a good idea. Hope this helps

Now with all that said it seems that there is alot more involved cost to tt rather than to procharge it instead. I know alot of guys that have 427 prochargers with out half of what you just said, are they just skimping on some things or do turbos just require more to make them work? Thank again.
Old 05-28-2008, 05:25 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 03 BUSA
Now with all that said it seems that there is alot more involved cost to tt rather than to procharge it instead. I know alot of guys that have 427 prochargers with out half of what you just said, are they just skimping on some things or do turbos just require more to make them work? Thank again.
The aps kit will love the 427ci , huge midrange surge of stump pulling torque. Put that thing about 8.8-9:1 to be on the safe side, you can allways dial the boost up.

For the price, the APS is a steal for what it comes with.

Does KB offer anything currently?

What CC are your pistons?
Old 05-28-2008, 06:12 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Jake@EPP
The aps kit will love the 427ci , huge midrange surge of stump pulling torque. Put that thing about 8.8-9:1 to be on the safe side, you can allways dial the boost up.

For the price, the APS is a steal for what it comes with.

Does KB offer anything currently?

What CC are your pistons?

Current cc of the pistons is -3cc. We were thinking somewhere in the area of a -18cc. That is with a 68cc head and .005 out of the hole. Sounds like maybe more than 18 though to get it that low maybe 25?? I tried to call you guys a hour ago and got the machine. Thanks for the help.
Old 05-28-2008, 06:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

are they just skimping on some things or do turbos just require more to make them work? Thank again.
They're skimping out.
Old 05-28-2008, 06:17 PM
FormerVendor

Current cc of the pistons is -3cc. We were thinking somewhere in the area of a -18cc. That is with a 68cc head and .005 out of the hole. I tried to call you guys a hour ago and got the machine. Thanks for the help.
Give Dustin a ring tommrow if you want to chat about engine stuff, hes over my head on it.

If its anything like the 402ci we did, it will be nasty even on low boost

The blower guys and big n20 guys also have to build the car up as well, power is power and fire takes fuel.

Quick Reply: Possible APS 427 tt kit. Need help and opinions.