Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

meth versus race gas

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2008, 03:34 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default meth versus race gas

got to thinking today and I'm considering selling my meth kit and just running race gas when I plan to go high boost. With my 408 and s91 I won't be able to run a ton of boost on the street so the meth may just be something else to brake. If I goto the track and plan to up the boost I can just dump in some good gas. What does everyone else think?
Old 05-30-2008, 11:24 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What is up with the wow advertising bs??

Anyway this is funny cause me and my buddy were semi talking about meth/race gas today. We had talked about a nitrous/turbo cars. For turbo, its kind of a cheap added insurance.

I am still unsure what i will do, but i will probably end up doing some sort of meth setup when i get a built motor, and some higher boost.

Chris
Old 05-30-2008, 11:37 PM
10 Second Club

F#k'n spammers anyway!!

I'm thinking race gas all the time, I don't know yet though, I need to check pricing and see. Already paying $5.15 for diesel

EDIT: Got deleted before I finished posting, lol.
Old 05-30-2008, 11:41 PM
TECH Addict

I think it all depends on the setup and what you want to do with the car, as in for the street, ect. Will it supply enough power for the street on pump gas? If so than its a no brainer, if you want more and cheap insurance get the meth and run it all of the time. I set up my combo to run on pump gas only and meth when the wick is turned up. Compression, boost, power, etc are all examples of variables that need to be looked at and for YOU to anser only. One guy has allot different goals/needs and idea of usuable power on pump gas and more so the street. You are obviously not going to run race gas all the time so decide if you need the meth for the street. I didn't want to have the inconvenience of getting race gas and adding it at the track, etc. I wanted a my system to be the same at all times but I am mostly a street car rather than racing allot.
Old 05-31-2008, 04:04 AM
Banned

Dont mean to hijack your thread but how fast are you guys running through meth? Is it only drinking it when you get into the boost? I'm deployed so I cant really look at my setup and tell.
Old 05-31-2008, 05:42 AM
TECH Regular

boost loves meth there is a reason all the pro cars run some sort of mix of meth in the fuel.... like top fuel 10% ect... some run 100% P/M, TAF, TAD ect.. meth loves boost its a great fuel for forced induction.

Quick Reply: meth versus race gas