Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Need Help.. Where to Buy Wheels/Slicks!?

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2008, 12:46 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Help.. Where to Buy Wheels/Slicks!?

Thanks to my drunken rambling w/ good friends last nite, I decided Im going to be in the market for some slicks and wheels. Since I know very little about the whole "traction" thing, I was hoping some of you could chime in and give me your opinions. Ultimately I would like to just buy a set of street tires (not the MT STREETS that are currently on my car) And have a set of drag wheels for the track. I do drive the car quite a bit on the road but I think I still drag race it more... (I go to the track all of the time) My car wheel hops like a bitch and I have to ease into it every time. I know my car is capable of 11's but I wouldnt even race a festiva from a dig So everyone is telling me Just get a slick it fixes everything lol So this is what I plan to do. Im looking to pull a couple tires SO what are my most economical options? What wheels do you recommend (please state sizes aswell) Also what tires do you recommend(keep in mind I want a slick)? Where do u guys purchase from? I am always looking for deals on here But i am tired of waiting to find something,(let alone someone elses garbage) I want to be able to run a 1.5< 60 instead of my embarassing 1.97's Also I have been debating purchasing the GTO spares for front runners (they would match my black z06's pretty good) but I dont think I will need them if I get these, besides the tires for them are like 140 a piece anyways.... So how am I saving money?

EDIT I also have a stock length 9" So what backspacing would I need?

Thanks for your input guys! And sorry for the rambling!
Old 06-02-2008, 09:06 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

anyone....?
Old 06-02-2008, 09:52 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

m/t et drags......you can get them from jegs.com there pricing is not bad ....and go with a prostar or draglite .......you will need to grind your rear calipers quite a bit to make them fit ,unless you get bogarts but there big money. i went with 15x10 in back and 15x3 1/2 in front, spacers are needed and longer wheel studs up front .