General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Tune Up Questions...

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2008, 11:48 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tune Up Questions...

I am a mechanic novice... when i mean novice i mean novice.

What can I do on my own that easy...

want to do spark plug/wires and 02 sensors. i know those can be hard... should I trust pep boys or go to the stealership??

i know i can do the fuel filter and oil change, looks simple enough. i checked install university.

**also should I go w/ OEM or go Bosch with the 02 sensors. What fuel filter should i do?
Old 06-02-2008, 12:27 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Save yourself the money and do the spark plugs / wires yourself. Not only will you save money, but you'll learn how to do it so when the time comes again you already know how and won't have to shell out the $300+. It isn't as hard as people make it out to be, just have the right tools for it. Follow the instructions for the spark plug change on InstallUniversity.com. Expect to get your hands cut up and there will be bruises, but it's the price you pay to learn how to work on the car. As for the fuel filter, I'm sure you'll hear many opinions on which one is the best. I went with the Fram fuel filter, I haven't had any problems. Are there others out there that are better? Probably. I haven't changed my 02 sensors so I don't have a recommendation for those. Best of luck.