Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Maggie in a Fox Body?

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2008, 11:51 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Maggie in a Fox Body?

Here's what I got. I've got an 87 Notch mustang with an existing AJE K-member that AJE said I could send back and they could cut the Ford mounts and weld on the engine mounts for my LS1. I'll take the K-member out this week and send it to them. I just got my Magnuson 122 in and was thinking about the rear pully clearence to the firewall using the AJE K-member. Does anybody think I'll have any issues?
Old 06-02-2008, 04:06 AM
8 Second Club

first off is it a 4.6 k-member or a 5.0 ?? if its a 4.6 don't send it in , just use it as is with 4.6 mounts.

if there is an "interference" issue with the pulley, the "Ls1 into a fox body" manual recomends the use of special tool # BFH-1

seriously, if you are going to put the ls1 mount on the k-member , then i think there won't be any issues due to the fact that they move the engine a bit forward compared to the 4.6 setup.

hope this helps
Old 06-02-2008, 09:58 AM
Teching In

The mustang was running a 351 Windsor on the AJE k-member before I got it. I do appreciate the insight.
Old 06-02-2008, 03:12 PM
8 Second Club

don't loose the headers , you can use them on the ls1 by just cutting the ford flanges and welding ls1 style ones.

i guess you will have to send in the k member, which is a good thing since with the ls1 style mounts the engine sits a bit forward. which is a win win situation for you . (you can put the bfh back in in its velvet bag )
Old 06-02-2008, 07:50 PM
Teching In

Default Good 'ol UPS

I got my Maggie in and UPS took wonderful and exacting care in their services to the tune of an estimated 2k in damages and expenses from Magnuson. The box some how took a hell of a hit on the front side of the maggie. The front idler and drive pully took the full weight of the hit impacting and crushing the carbon fiber drive shaft and cracked the back housing plate clean through.

I pulled everything apart and turned the rear drive pully by hand and everything turned freely. My first thought was that with the force of the back plate breaking that the inside assembly might have been damaged, but it turns fluidly and pulls great just turning it by hand.

UPS initially denied the insurance claim on the bases of improper packaging with out even inspecting the box. If it wasnt for The Drive Shaft Shop out of North Carolina pulling weight on UPS I wouldn't have gotten anywhere on getting the parts I will need.

It still burns me to think that UPS would deny a claim epsecially without a first hand look. It's not like you pay for thousands of dollars worth of insurance on a package for a fricken cracker jack toy. I know UPS has to guard against false claims but there's no telling the profits made on insurance purchases to the amount paid out in claims. The little guy most always gets screwed. The Drive Shaft Shop spends an *** load every week with UPS and it's the only reason why UPS buckled.
Attached Thumbnails Maggie in a Fox Body?-1.jpg   Maggie in a Fox Body?-dscf0216.jpg   Maggie in a Fox Body?-p5080051.jpg  
Old 06-02-2008, 08:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

Sorry to hear about that: bunch of S.O.B.
Old 06-02-2008, 08:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

son of a bitch....that's why i don't like to ship things, you just can't trust them.
Old 06-02-2008, 08:26 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Hahaha UPS lost the PCM and harness i shipped november 11th. insured for $300. It sold for $300 shipped. I lost out on paypal fees, and actual shipping charges and got a check for $280 to which i refunded the full $300 to the buyer out of my pocket. Not to mention i had to make 4 1 hour trips to the UPS shipper with tracking numbers and shipping orders to confirm it and such. I recieved my refund march 15th. 6 months it took me to receive my refund for MOST of the money. I hate UPS.
Old 06-02-2008, 08:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have had quite a few problems with UPS in the past. Don't use them if I have a choice. I always use FedEx. I have never a problem with them.