Small Block & Big Block Chevy Specific Mouse & Rat Motor Discussion & Conversions

first test run at the track!

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2008, 09:23 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default first test run at the track!

first of all keep in mind i have a 2,000 TCI stall on a pretty big cam and it dont like it plus a 14 inch 215 winston winner tire that looks like a VW tire lol..... but when i put it n drive or 1st gear it wants to bog down or the stockish stall wants to bring the car down it seems.... well anyways i had to leave it in nuteral and on the last yellow light gentely bring it into 1st gear..... i did not drop it down and damage anything, i was very light on it! well it ended up running a 8.41 at 89mph.... its the first time i had ran it through all the gears at WOT and each time sometimes worse than others it would seem to starve out a lil in right when i hit 3rd gear.... my fuel pump is good for 600+hp so thats not the problem but i wonder if its something with setting the bowls? or the reserve fuel is running out in the metering blocks? anyways with a good 3,500 stall and fixing that situation in 3rd gear this car should go 94+mph on motor and who knows what ET cause i barely gave it anything off the line and it still went a 8.41 plus it was cutting back at the end.....
Old 06-06-2008, 11:19 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It may be sucking the bowls dry, you can raise the float level at the track and add jet extensions. You may want to step up your fuel system, you say 600hp but your combo is over 500hp. Also you need to make sure you have a large enough supply line to and from the pump, otherwise all the fuel pump in the world wont solve your problems.

Get yourself a converter matched to the camshaft and the weight of the car, otherwise your just pissing away money and hp.

BTW What Carb? and Comp ratio?
Old 06-06-2008, 11:45 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

oh im calling vigilante converters very soon and telling them my specs for a custom converter so i dont have to make excuses..... i have the holley mechanical fuel pump cause i hate the noise of a electric pump but the pump i have now is a holley 110 that is a good all around item.... what do you think about it? and i have not messed with bowl settings yet so i bet thats it!
Old 06-06-2008, 07:06 PM
In-Zane Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

Thats what i ran in the 1/8th with the old motor. Same thing kina, i have a stick aith a 2.73 gear so all i get is a poor *** 2.1995 60'.