Gears & Axles Driveshafts | Rearends | Differentials | Gears | 12 Bolt | 9 Inch | Dana

Tq Specs For MAC Cover???

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2003, 02:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Tq Specs For MAC Cover???

I'm installing a MAC cover on a 10 bolt and don't have the instructions. Can someone give me the tq specs for adjusting the bearing cap pre-loads on the cover? Probably the same as the T/A cover if anyone has the instructions for that one.
Old 08-17-2003, 10:11 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Tq Specs For MAC Cover???

1. remove old cover
2. check all internal components
3. clean gasket surface
4. install the girdle with the supplied gasket,bolts and washers. Make sure the load bolts are backed out enough so they will not contact the differential bearing caps while installing the girdle.
5. Torque the girdle to axle housing bolts to 20-25 lb.-ft
6. Tighten the (2)load bolts until they make contact with the differential bearing caps.
7. Torque the load bolts to 5-10 lbs. lb (Excessive Torque Can Damage The Differential Bearings.)Tighten jam nuts to 25-30 lb. -ft.
8. Fill rear axle with recommended lube from upper hole in girdle until fluid runs out of factory fill hole in side of carrier casting.

----------------------------------

These are the instructions from Mac, I hope this helps
Old 08-18-2003, 01:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Re: Tq Specs For MAC Cover???

Thanks, but my question was answered the same day I posted this on the other board. Might have been you that answered it. The reply looks the same.