Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

Running new speaker wires question.

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2008, 12:56 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Running new speaker wires question.

I have the interior of my car completely disassembled and would like to get all the wires run before i put everything back together. Im very new to car audio so if someone could explain to me what wires im going to need to have in place i would appreciate it.

Component speakers up front and a single sub in the rear with an aftermarket amp in the trunk for the components/sub.

Thanks
Old 06-09-2008, 01:23 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For an Aftermarket H/U you bassicly need to figure out where everything is goin to layout: amp, crossovers for the components, all that jazz). Then you need to run the RCA cables and signal wire from the H/U to the amp's location. Then you need to run speaker cable (usually blue wire) from the Amp to the crossover then to each piece of the component set (as per component's instructions). Also you will need to run speaker wire from the amp to the sub's location. Also dont forget to run the power cable from the front of the engine bay to the amps location and set up the ground wire for the amp. I am a big fan of making up diagrams. I have some backround in both Automotive and Residential (yes totally different) Electrical and diagrams can be your friend.