Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Exhaust opinions needed

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2008, 02:55 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Exhaust opinions needed

I was thinking of altering my exhaust and I was looking at different setups. I have the LG Streets on my car and I was looking at the location of the X pipe and I see that it’s positioned further back than the LG Pro and ARH setups. The ARH setup has the X pipe directly behind the headers, where bout as soon as the exhaust gases come out the headers through the collectors, it’s immediately going into the X pipe. On the LG Pro Setup, the X section is a tad further back, the exhaust gases are going through the headers, through the collector, through intermediate pipes and then through the X section. On my current setup, LG Streets, the X pipe is mounted further back than on the Pro setup. The exhaust gases goes through the headers, through the collectors, through a piping of intermediate pipes (about 1 ½ ft longer piping than the LG Pros) and the through the X. I was thinking of modifying my exhaust to have the X section welded directly to headers like on the ARH setup, and mount the intermediate pipes behind the X pipe. What do you all think?