Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

questions about direct port

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2003, 10:54 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default questions about direct port

I was thinking of getting the tnt direct port has anyone had a problem with this system I have a ls6 intake I think the direct port would be cleaner and better that the power ring
Old 08-14-2003, 03:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

Default Re: questions about direct port

Wait a few months and there will be one or two LS6 intakes with the ports already in there. They also managed to get it to flow better and used a stronger "plastic".

They had a "beta" model at the track the other day and I saw a write up in GM High Tech Performance or Hot Rod. I forget. Anyway it is touchy drilling into that.

If you can not wait, Lingenfelter makes a metal one that supposedly will not heat soak.
Old 08-14-2003, 05:04 PM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

metal that doesnt heat soak, now that I wanna see Call TNT and get the F4 direct port. Futral Motorsports is plumbing my stock LS6 intake as we speak
Old 08-14-2003, 08:46 PM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i would defenently buy the DP if you what to spray over 175. i will be helping out a freind with this same kit soon.
Old 08-27-2003, 12:43 PM
TECH Addict

yeah? ME???
Old 08-27-2003, 12:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

What about the NXL?
-Steve
Old 08-27-2003, 01:13 PM
The Bull

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

The plastic on the current LS6 intake drills fine. If you drill one size under a 1/4" (15/64" or a letter D drill I believe) for the 1/16 NPT tap you will have AMPLE amount of material to get four to five threads engagement. I placed my nozzles 1" up from the injectors along the bend. The insertion angle into the manifold as well as the angle into the intake runner is as good as it gets. I drilled it in the same spot that FAST made a larger surface area. The only disadvantage to our current setups is that you are going to be somewhat limited to the 1/16 NPT nozzles instead of the 1/8 NPT nozzles on something like the NX Shark setup. Not too many people need that, so it will work out fine.

The only advice I would provide anyone who does their own DP is as follows. Make sure that you can easily remove and install the intake as you move along. Especially if you have an aftermarket K-member and solid motor mounts. In my case I have 1/2" less space up top than I do with the stock motor setup. Everyones car will be a little different. This will save you a lot of frustration when you go to insert your intake after it's all plumbed up. With the TNT setup it probably won't be as bad because the stack height is solely the distribution blocks. As compared to the NX setup where you have to be very concious about the plumbing angles going into the fuel and Nitrous rails.