Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Ticket ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2008, 10:52 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ticket ?

to the cops on the site. I just have a ? about a ticket i received the officer pulled me over and told me that the reason i was being stopped was for driving on a suspended license. which i honestly had NO idea happened. because i did pay my restoration fee for my registration from when i switched insurance companies. Well before the scheduled suspension on my license was to take affect if it was not paid which again it was paid three weeks before the scheduled day. so NO suspension should have taken place. well he goes back to his car to find out what happened with my license. after about ten minutes he comes back and gives me a ticket for it. he also states to me that he found out while looking into it on his comp. that it shows me as being suspended when they run my tags but it also showed that i was fully restored and able to legally drive as of June 4th. but he had to give me the ticket still since it shows suspended. Is that true that he still had to give me the ticket and how can i get it taken care of so i don't get hit with a heavy fine since again I was and am allowed to legally drive.
Old 06-11-2008, 10:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'd say explain your self in court and it should take care of itself.. might want to go to someone before the court date and talk to them and see what they think about it though..
Old 06-11-2008, 11:01 PM
Staging Lane

the officer said to go to my local DMV and see why it still shows as suspended so tomorrow morning i am going to the main DMV in deptford to see what's going on and if they can provide me with proof that i could drive as of the 4th of June. and take that to court he said they would drop the ticket i just want to know if there is anything else i can do or need to do to make sure that this deff. gets dropped. and if the cop still had to issue the ticket