Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

fuel usage seems odd

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2008, 06:45 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fuel usage seems odd

with the last couple of tanks of gas ive used. i can go around 125 miles on my first quarter tank then the last three quarters go within the next 75 miles it just seems odd. i rarely switch octane i run 88 and every once in awhile ill run a tank of 91 to clean it up alittle the car has just over 100k on it. just wondering if anyone else has the same fuel usage. thanks. o yeah and i seafoamed it on my last oil change
Old 06-15-2008, 12:52 AM
TECH Resident

well your getting about average Id think at 200 a tank. Not really sure what to think about getting so much for the 1st 1/4, maybe the sending unit is slow or something.
Old 06-15-2008, 01:14 PM
On The Tree

I think it all has to do with the way the gage and sending unit work. I've had several cars including the Dodge truck I have now that seem to be the same way. You also have to consider the fuel thats in your filler neck. The sending unit will read full even though your actually more than full when there's fuel in the filler neck. Your gage is not going to indicate any usage of fuel until the volume of fuel in the filler neck is used. Thats why it sees you are getting more millage with the first half of the tank.