Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Caliper paint decision?

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2003, 01:52 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Caliper paint decision?

Hey guys, I'm going to paint my calipers in a week or so whenever I get time. I have a few questions. What should I use to clean the caliper with? I've heard simple green, but what else works best, tools, brands, etc? Should I sand or smooth the caliper any, will it look good without sanding or smoothing? Thanks guys, I did a long search on this, and have a few websites about it, but I just wanted to see what you guys have done also. Thanks a lot for any info!

Also, what them should I go with for my caliper paint scheme? I have a black WS6. I want to keep it subtle. I was thinking:

1.Caliper black, bracket charcoal
2.caliper charcoal, bracket black
3.caliper and bracket charcoal
4.caliper and bracket black
Which one should I do? Thanks for any opinions!!!
Old 08-16-2003, 05:38 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Caliper paint decision?

simple green is fine, I used paint thinner (mineral spirits) also to get any oil or gease that was left. You do not have to sand them smooth but you should either sand or steel wool the surface thoroughly to get any oxidation etc. off so you have nice clean solid surface to paint.

What colors you use depends on the car. If you are going to mix colors it should be because you are trying to carry a theme or match other colors. Think about the overall theme you're going with.

Here's mine (black & black)
http://community.webshots.com/photo/...79631949iQNuOO
Old 08-16-2003, 07:38 AM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Re: Caliper paint decision?

I used simple green, sandpaper, and a dremel for those hard to reach spots. Clean them well and put a couple primer coats on before the high temp paint.

I vote for option 3 as far as color is concerned.