Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

to tune for the cutout or to sell it

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2008, 09:28 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default to tune for the cutout or to sell it

Well to start off, I have a 3" DMH cutout with a custom y pipe with fm merge and pacesetter's with a hooker catback. Should I have the car tuned with the cutout open or closed? I can sell my plate to a local for 100$ which I rather do, but if I get more power with the car tuned with the cutout open vs tuned with catback then I'll keep it. I'd like to hear some tuners thoughts and see if it's worth it to keep it.
Old 06-17-2008, 09:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

dude if you already have it on keep it for sure, you will gain some extra hp but not too much. Plus there so fun when you have an electric one...nothing better pulling up beside a honda civic at a stoplight and opening up the cutout with a cam chopping through it! Heaven right ther
Old 06-18-2008, 07:47 PM
9 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ive always had mine tuned with it closed beings thats how i drive 99% of the time. plus its more on the safe side imo.
Old 06-18-2008, 08:00 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by ls2 bait
ive always had mine tuned with it closed beings thats how i drive 99% of the time. plus its more on the safe side imo.

Should I sell it to Justin for 100$ and just scrap the whole pipe up to the reducer and just use the hooker pipe?
Old 06-18-2008, 08:40 PM
9 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by fortmyerspolice
Should I sell it to Justin for 100$ and just scrap the whole pipe up to the reducer and just use the hooker pipe?
thats up to you man. i know i only picked up 5 or 6 hp with mine and my car is making a few more hp then yours. i keep mine just because i already have it.