Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A/C Leak Repair Question

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-2008, 08:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question A/C Leak Repair Question

So my a/c has been down, with the compressor not running, so I finally got around to testing it. Discovered that the system has a leak which is located on the bottom of the aluminum piping coming off the evaporator canister. The low system pressure triggered the pressure switch, in turn causing the compressor to not run for self-preservation purposes.

Here's my question: Can I patch the small hole with JB Weld (yes, I know... backwoods and cheap) for the time being? The stuff claims to adhere to aluminum on objects that have a decent amount of expansion and contraction, so I figure why not try until I feel like coughing up the excessive ton of coin necessary to fully repair the system. Any thought or advice would be greatly appreciated, as I'm taking the car on a couple trips to rather HOT places the first part of July and I NEED the a/c!

Thanks in advance!!
Old 06-18-2008, 09:06 PM
12 Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

mabye, its worth a shot i suppose, worst case it doesnt hold and your back to a leak. on a side note, i have the accumulator with both pipes running off it ill sell you if you need it. PM me if your intrested, just change the accumulator and get a recharge. it shouldn't cost more than 50 bucks for the recharge.