Midwestern Members IA, IL, IN , KY, MI, MN, MO, NE, OH, WI, KS, OK

emissions

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2008, 10:12 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default emissions

went to take my car in and their system didn't work. I went last year and I passed with no problem. They tried a few times to get their software to work and after that they decided to give me a sniffer test but i stopped them because i have no cats. I told them I have 100 octane gas in the car and would not pass a sniffer test. I told them that I would rather drive the car and burn the gas and fill it up with 93 octane to buy me some time but they failed me due to their system not working right. Should I go to another test site? I just don't think I should get a fail due to their system not working right cause the computer didn't receive info from my end. I have changed nothing on the car since last year when it passed. kind of confused. I can't get a race/show car exemption cause my insurance company said my car has to be at least 10 years old. So what to do? apply for race car exemption? my car looks completely stock from the exterior but is everything but that when it comes to the motor and everything else.
Old 06-19-2008, 10:32 AM
TECH Resident

Try another place
Old 06-19-2008, 10:49 AM
Staging Lane

which one did you go to?
the first test i ever had to do i went to hillside. the next year i went there and they had closed the location so i went to downers grove. then i try to go to that place a couple days ago and that location is now closed. why do these places keep closing up. the hillside place was only a few years old and was a multi-million $ place.
Old 06-19-2008, 10:57 AM
On The Tree

I went to the joliet location. Going to lombard when I get back from vegas after the 4th of july weekend