General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Low idle and car wouldnt stay running at first!!! Help!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2008, 06:54 PM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Low idle and car wouldnt stay running at first!!! Help!!

Ok so today I headed out to the local amusement park. Drove the Z28 there about 30 miles no problems whatsoever. Park the car and go to the park. This evening we leave the park, go to the car, I start it up and it immediately dies which it has never done before. I start it again and dies again. I start it again and rev it up a bit and let off the throttle and it dies again. Keep in mind this has never happend before. I start it again and keep giving it a little gas and I back out and take off just not letting off the gas completely. It drove fine and accelrated fine and everything, just did not want to idle. So I just got home with the car and about a mile away from my house I had to stop at a red light and the car did not die but it definately was idling low, like 400 rpm (keep in mind its an A4 car). I pulled into my driveway and shut the car off. Now I start the car with it warm and it seems to be fine, idle is fine in Park and when in Drive and it is acting just like nothing ever happend. I have no CEL but I have not pulled codes yet because my friend has my code reader. I have no idea how it can go from being 100% fine to not wanting to idle at all. Anybody have any ideas?
Old 07-02-2008, 10:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

bump. my car does the same thing sometimes and i have no idea what it is. it's an m6 and if your in gear driving, it's fine, but if you hit the clutch and dont stay on the gas it will die. if it doesn't die, it idles really low like you said. then the next time you start it, it's completely fixed.