Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

What is the TA backup light bulb!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2008, 07:01 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is the TA backup light bulb!!!

Everywhere I look tells me it's a 1156 but that's a twist in type of bulb and when I went to put it in, I have a wedge type outlet on my car. Obviously these bulbs that sylvania tells me to get won't work. Have my taillights/reverse lights been changed? Or has this happened to anybody else??
Old 06-19-2008, 10:04 PM
Copy & Paste Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 144 Posts
LS1Tech 20 Year Member

If I remember correctly, its similar to 3157, but only has one filament instead of two. 3157 may fit.
Does it look the same as the front turn signals?
(I haven't looked at mine in years).

I you are able to remove the bulb, remove it and look for a model number on it (they usually have the model number on them). If the model number isn't there or is illegible, take it into the store and match it up with the closest one.

BTW, If you want brighter reverse lights, I found some bulbs at PepBoys that are 50watt halogen bulbs re-based to fit (and advertised as such) in place of the stock reverse lights. Its a yellow & black package (backboard with clear plastic "blister" holding the bulb).

There are pics of the package in this post by Mustang5.Ohater:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showpost....31&postcount=4