Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

torque arm questions

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2008, 08:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default torque arm questions

I am getting into the suspension of my car, mainly doing autoX and "spirited" street driving. I already have revalved Bilsteins, Strano sway bars and lowering springs, BMR non adjustable LCAs....I am looking into a torque arm, but do I really need an adjustable one?

The reason I ask, is it says the non adjustable one is set to optimum pinion angle on stock ride height...will this cause a problem on a lowered car, thus me needing an adjustable one?
Old 06-20-2008, 08:21 AM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by turbowhistle86
I am getting into the suspension of my car, mainly doing autoX and "spirited" street driving. I already have revalved Bilsteins, Strano sway bars and lowering springs, BMR non adjustable LCAs....I am looking into a torque arm, but do I really need an adjustable one?

The reason I ask, is it says the non adjustable one is set to optimum pinion angle on stock ride height...will this cause a problem on a lowered car, thus me needing an adjustable one?
Yes you will have issues being that your car is lowered. The preset ones or nonadj generally come in a neg 2 with the car set at stock ride height which your is not. The adj TA is the way to go. I just installed mine about 2 months ago and love it. Be prepared for a little extra drivetrain noise if you go with the crossbrace mount TA but well worth it for the benefits you receive.
Old 06-20-2008, 08:53 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

Hello, yes you will need an adjustable torque arm. I would also suggest a torque arm relocation bracket. It doesn't take a whole lot to break the transmission tail shaft, our bracket will eliminate this issue. Having lowered your car you will need to reset your pinion angle and the adj torque arm is the way to do it. Give me a call if you have any questions our tech/sales dept is available MON-FRI 8:30AM-6:00PM EST. Here is a link to our site.

http://www.bmrfabrication.com/F-bodySuspension.htm
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!

Last edited by BMR Tech2; 12-09-2008 at 09:26 AM.