Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Weird oil pressure problem after H/C

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2003, 09:41 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Weird oil pressure problem after H/C

Just installed H/C and a rollmaster. Started immediately no problem, showed no oil pressure after 10 seconds. Shut it off. Then after it was off, the oil pressure gauge rose to about 35psi. The car ran smoother then before with the Hotcam on first startup. The courtesy lights when you open the door do not come on either. It seems like an electrical problem to me. I installed the 3 grounds on the back of the drivers side head. I tripple checked all the connections I can get to. The 2 bolts on the back of the drivers side head seem tight, but I can't really get my big fingers back there.
Old 08-17-2003, 12:43 AM
FormerVendor

Default Re: Weird oil pressure problem after H/C

Upon further investigation, there is no oil making it up to the head. Tearing down the front tomorrow morning and replacing the pump with a known good one. Also going to inspect the o-ting to see if it was the culprit. The rising oil pressure gauge after it was shut down is still freaking me out. The courtesy lights now work, no clue what was happenning there. I shall see tomorrow morning.
Old 08-17-2003, 11:27 AM
Launching!

Sounds to me like an o-ring problem. Also, check to be sure you installed the spacer correctly on the output side of the pump. I have heard that a few guys installed it upside-down and covered half of the output hole. Can't explain the oil pressure going up after you shut it down, thatys a new one.
Old 08-17-2003, 11:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No oil to the top of the heads.... Bad or missing O ring.

Been there - Done that!

Always use a [NEW] O ring.
Old 08-17-2003, 01:23 PM
FormerVendor

Alright, tore it down this morning and the output spacer was on wrong. BINGO! Oil isn't going to jump a 3mm gap under pressure. Switched it around, buttoned it back up and just started it. 50+psi @ idle! 40+ warm. Time to change the oil and get out of the garage once this weekend.