Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Launcher confusion???

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2008, 07:50 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Launcher confusion???

I have a nos launcher and nos wideband. I have read and read the manual and have checked my wiring at least 15times now. I have having problems with the wideband and the launcher linking up together. It just wont do it. The logging software for the launcher never shows that the wideband is connected. Any ideas?
Old 06-23-2008, 09:07 AM
TECH Regular

Does anyone have any idea?
Old 06-23-2008, 10:20 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

What wide band are you using?
Dave
Old 06-23-2008, 11:25 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Nitro Dave's Nitrous Outlet
What wide band are you using?
Dave
NOS brand wide band. They make a seperate wideband that connects to the Launcher
Old 06-24-2008, 01:35 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by myfast70
NOS brand wide band. They make a seperate wideband that connects to the Launcher

That is the one... The thing just will not connect to the launcher for some reason and I can not figure out why... I think Im gonna buy a new bus cable and see if that works!
Old 06-24-2008, 02:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Call NOS tech line, that's what they are for. that's really not an uncommon problem and not just NOS, many reasons this can be happening. How do you like the launcher other than that? I have been looking at it real close.
Robert
Old 06-24-2008, 03:35 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I have not had the experience of hooking those together yet. Give Kyle or Shane a call at NOS tech. They are bothe very helpful and knowledgable. 1-800-638-0032

If they do not get you taken care of let me know.
Thanks
Dave
Old 06-24-2008, 07:15 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Robert56
Call NOS tech line, that's what they are for. that's really not an uncommon problem and not just NOS, many reasons this can be happening. How do you like the launcher other than that? I have been looking at it real close.
Robert
As of right now I dont like it at all... It keeps locking up the computer and the software just does not seem like it wants to work... I wish I would of just went the fjo progressive and fjo wideband route! Maybe I will like it when all is working... My nitrous install has been kind of a pain in the *** tho... Launcher was on backorder for about two months when I ordered it... then came to find out the v gauge would not work with the nos wideband so had to wait another two months for a software update. Hopefully it will all work itself out here soon!
Old 06-25-2008, 12:17 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I will bet things will work out fine. Anytime we introduce new electronics and software there is some minor glitches. I have had numerous glitches with setting up/logging/wiring WBs, gauges and such into tuner programs in many different fashions. This is when we need to get to the engineers to find the fix : their forums or tech lines. They are always updating this stuff to make it compatible with this or that in this or that fashion. Be patient. I working on some wiring glitches go from 85mm to 90mm TB and throwing codes, and it's pointing to the manufacture of the jumper adapter cable, but at this point I know it's just part of the game in late model electronics.
Robert
Old 06-25-2008, 02:15 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Robert56
I will bet things will work out fine. Anytime we introduce new electronics and software there is some minor glitches. I have had numerous glitches with setting up/logging/wiring WBs, gauges and such into tuner programs in many different fashions. This is when we need to get to the engineers to find the fix : their forums or tech lines. They are always updating this stuff to make it compatible with this or that in this or that fashion. Be patient. I working on some wiring glitches go from 85mm to 90mm TB and throwing codes, and it's pointing to the manufacture of the jumper adapter cable, but at this point I know it's just part of the game in late model electronics.
Robert

That is very true... Anything electronic is bound to have a glitch somewhere, now me being the one that always finds them kinda sucks but hey it usually all works out in the end... Looks like my problem lies somewhere in the can bus cable tho... next weekend ill have the new one and we will try again! Ill keep you informed and how I like it when everything is working!