General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Need HELP! Still Stuck in NC

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2008, 07:43 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need HELP! Still Stuck in NC

Ok So this is how my day went. I tried to get my car to Autozone to see if they could help me out with loaning some tools and all that good ****, and in the intersection pulling into it the car just **** out and dies and i have nothing so i had to push the damn thing like a 1/4mile lol in traffic. So i get the alternator out and had it tested and it FAILED! witch was a big relief because i knew everything was right. So i am laying in the autozone parking lot for about 2 hours getting it all switched over and had the battery charging the whole time so it would be good to go. Ok so i start the car and its perfect the volts are right over 13 and not moving. So i pull out and then it just start dropping and stays just right below the red area????? So i say **** it and go buy a brand new battery and guess what it stays the same!!! so anyone else had this happen? because this is crazy and it has me confused
Old 06-21-2008, 08:08 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

so u got a new alternator?? make them test the brand new one b4 u put it in! it could be alternator again maybe
Old 06-21-2008, 08:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Was it a brand new alternator from Autozone or a Reman??? It doing the exact same thing as it was before i assume. Security light wasn't coming on??? If you need it, I'll be willing to drive that direction tomorrow. It's about 3 hours West of me, i'm in Elizabeth City, NC. Made that drive 1 to many times, lol. I was reading the other post you had earlier today, and still think it's your alt. Brand new doesn't mean good sometimes. I'll PM you my phone # if you want me to help out.
Mike
Old 06-21-2008, 08:25 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Oh i forgot to say that YES i did have the new one tested before i put it on and it passed! and yeah its a reman lol i dont got alot of money. And no the weird thing it is doing is that sometimes my gauges jump up when i start it, it kinda does the pontiac thing. SO yeah i dont know. I researched alot and see that ppl have no luck with the reman alt from autozone