Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Another "Take a Guess" thread..

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2008, 03:52 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Another "Take a Guess" thread..

Also making sure I have everything I need for this so if I'm missing something PLEASE let me know!!! I was planning to just swap my heads but the head bolt broke, and without much luck I finally gave in and bought a new block, so I'm pretty much putting a brand new built engine into my car This is the very first time in my life I've taken on a project this big so I'm making sure I've ordered everything I need.

Also of course post up what you think I'll be making after a tune

-Starting with the bottom end... I bought a complete shortblock built at Weber Racing Equipment. They put together a brand new LS6 block with a polished truck crankshaft with the stock 3.622 throw, K1 rods, Wiseco FlatTop Pistons 3.905 bore, ARP Main studs and 2000 rod bolts. Block was decked for a .040 quench with MLS gaskets.
-Still deciding on a cam but I'm thinking somewhere around 230/232 .590-.600 lift on a 112. I'll be calling a pro for some advice on cam selection. I don't want to go huge but I've been driving around with a 228/224 .588/.588 113 lsa and am ready for something a little bigger.
-Rollmaster Double Roller timing chain
-SLP ported oil pump
-LS6 PCV/valley cover setup
-Dart Pro 1 205 62cc unported assembled heads (not sure what springs they use but they're good to .625 lift) 2.02 intake 1.6 exhaust valves
-I believe these heads will give me about 11:1 CR
-LS7 lifters w/LS2 trays
-Chromoly pushrods (will need to double check to make sure the stock length will work with this setup when I get the block)
-Harland Sharp shaft mounted roller rockers 1.7 ratio
-Fast 78mm Manifold, Ported TB, MTI Lid, K+N Filter
-Currently I have the stock fuel rails and 28.8lb injectors (I know this will hurt but I ran out of dough for new injectors)
-Walbro 255lph fuel pump
-AR 1-7/8 LT Headers w/ORY
-Corsa Cat-Back
-All going through a M6 with a LS7 clutch and LS2 flywheel and the stock 10 bolt with 2.73's (I know I know, the money thing is killing me)

-as for all the misc parts I believe I have everything. Odds and ends like oil pan, front/rear covers, windage tray, LS6 coolant crossover pipe, etc. are being swapped from my 98 LS1 (will all my sensors/harness swap over also without a glitch?) I made sure I ordered all new gaskets, seals, headbolts, ARP header studs, pilot bushing, NGK 55 plugs and Taylor wires, balancer bolt, belts, and fluids. also installing Poly motor mounts.

Ok am I missing anything? I think I got it all but I'm not positive and don't want to be delayed waiting on more parts cuz I was an idiot. And any advice on cams while I'm at it? haha hopefully this will be a good build with some great streetable power. I just need those new injectors and rearend!
Old 06-22-2008, 03:55 PM
11 Second Club

Your going to be out of injector if id guess. Sounds like a good build.
Old 06-22-2008, 05:12 PM
TECH Resident

yeah.. I did a lot of calculations and as it is right now with my stock block and heads my injectors were about 100% duty cycle. I guess I haaave to get new ones now I think about it. I may be alright for the break in but I can't go over 4,000RPM I'm guessing to be safe.

I did some looking too and am really liking the F14 cam 232"/234" .598"/.598" 112LSA
After looking at some dyno graphs with the dart heads and hearing some videos I'm really liking it a lot! midrange power is good and the torque curve is flat and strong
Old 06-23-2008, 07:49 AM
TECH Resident

no other opinions? How's the driveability with the f14 cam?
Old 06-23-2008, 01:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

i would look at the torquer v3 a little high in lift than what u were looking for but i think it would be better for u