Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

ZO6 LS7 tuning ????

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2008, 12:20 PM
Launching!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Default ZO6 LS7 tuning ????

I have a ZO6 LS7 motor in my pro street 32 pick-up. I have heard you can get more HP by dyno tunning the PCM. What do you guys think??? And if so how much more HP. I have heard with headers, up to 100 HP. That seems high to me, but thought I would ask. I live in the Nashville tenn. area. Who do you guys know that can do this type of tunning? If they are not close I would still like to know, who can tune the LS7 motors..Looking for a 1st class shop, that knows whats going on with these motors.
Old 06-23-2008, 03:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am in Nashville, and I will use only Lamar Walden Automotive in Atlanta to do my tuning. There are some other shops around, but Lamar is good and can get it done right. He would have no problem tuning your car.

100hp even if talking at the crank seems high. However it would not surprise me to see a good tune and headers pick up 40-50 rwhp.
Old 06-23-2008, 06:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by bada
I have a ZO6 LS7 motor in my pro street 32 pick-up. I have heard you can get more HP by dyno tunning the PCM. What do you guys think??? And if so how much more HP. I have heard with headers, up to 100 HP. That seems high to me, but thought I would ask. I live in the Nashville tenn. area. Who do you guys know that can do this type of tunning? If they are not close I would still like to know, who can tune the LS7 motors..Looking for a 1st class shop, that knows whats going on with these motors.
@ diablosport they picked up 30rwhp on a bone stock C6 Z06.

Check them out,...it's easy,..and for you it might be a useful tool as you can check/log/record data and trouble codes,...not to mention change your shift points...firmness...etc

pm me if you have more questions.
Old 06-23-2008, 06:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

You will need headers a cam and some other goodies besides a tune to pick up 100 RWHP..Vengeance Racing has added a 100 + RWHP to a number of my C6 Z06 customers cars..they are as good a shop as you can find when it comes to LS series engines and especially the LS7 ..give them a call you won't be sorry..
Old 06-23-2008, 09:17 PM
Launching!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks guys anyone else. I am looking for all the imput I can get.
Old 06-24-2008, 09:30 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by bada
Thanks guys anyone else. I am looking for all the imput I can get.
You don't need anymore input you have been informed of the two best shops in Atlanta that deal with LS series engines...Vengeance has gotten a great reputation because of the big numbers that their engines have been making over the last year or so...their number is 678-513-7105

Quick Reply: ZO6 LS7 tuning ????