Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Any golfers?

Search this Thread

Old 06-23-2008, 09:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Any golfers?

Anyone golf, preferably around me? I am home from college and looking for some people to play with. Im not that good, but I don't hold up playing or anything, just picked it up again after not playing for 10 years. Shooting in the 90's right now, but I am getting better. Anyway, if anyone plays, post up!
Old 06-24-2008, 08:22 AM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have always wanted to learn, and I am actually heading out on vacation tomorrow to a golf resort on the west coast. My wife's family is all getting together there for her grandmothers 95 b-day at her uncles summer house at this golf resort, and her uncle and brothers want to take me out on the course to play a few rounds. I am a little unsettled by it because I haven't done more then put put and maybe hitting a driving range 2-3 times about 8-10 years ago, but we'll see. If I do well and it doesn't turn me off to the sport then I will try and hook up and play. At least that way you won't be the worst one out there, LOL...
Old 06-24-2008, 08:34 AM
12 Second Club

I'm going tomorow I'm not near you just figured I put it out there.
Old 06-24-2008, 09:31 AM
FormerVendor

I go out at least once a week and shoot low to mid 80s, though i do have the occational bad day 90+. I actually play up at Commonwealth country club quite frequently, i know thats up in your area. Nothing better then playing 18 on a sunny day.
Old 06-24-2008, 09:33 AM
Launching!

I'm going out in about an hour. Not in your area either, but like Ace said, just thought I'd throw that out there.
Old 06-24-2008, 11:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Mike@HSW
I go out at least once a week and shoot low to mid 80s, though i do have the occational bad day 90+. I actually play up at Commonwealth country club quite frequently, i know thats up in your area. Nothing better then playing 18 on a sunny day.
Ya, my dad use to be a member at Commonwealth. Then they built Jerhico National over near Washingtons Crossing and my dad joined, but my dad is sick and has a hard time working, so he had to drop his membership. Its a shame, I should have listened to him when he wanted me to play. I started playing when I was six, but I stopped around twelve or so. Now I am playing again.

I played Macoby Run Sunday, shot 100, put 4 shots ob which hurt me the most. I like playing Bucks County Country Club after 3, its like 23 or something to walk and its right down the road from me. I shot a 97 there a week ago, had 4 birdie chances but decided it would be a good idea to 3 put all of them.

I played Fox Holow on that day where it was 101 degrees out, I thought I was going to die, I think I was the only person walking lol. Sadly, I was on pace for my lowest score ever, I was shooting a 73 with three holes left and it started storming.

If you ever wanna play, Id be up.