Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Russell Twist Lock Hose VS Stainless Steel Hard line

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2008, 01:02 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Russell Twist Lock Hose VS Stainless Steel Hard line

I currently have no fuel system on my frame. I purchased the Russell Twist lock hose because I like the ease of installation. My question is should I get a stock 3/8" stainless hard line and get the quick disconnect crimps on each end so I am running fuel through mostly steel?

I may do this not 100% sure but the steel seem like a better choice rather than running 100% rubber line.

Consider this car a daily driver, may not be driven that much but I plan to drive the hell out of this car.
Old 06-26-2008, 01:37 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my car is 100% twist lock. Its more than just rubber hose. Its very durable. The only reason i would use steel is cost. But you can also buy "twist lock" hose and fittings from hydraulic stores/shops that make high pressure hoses for less then most auto stores/catalogs.
Old 06-26-2008, 06:38 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I have *heard* cars with all braided fuel lines will stink up an enclosed garage. More than one person has told me that from their personal experience.

Other thing to think about is some racing organizations will only allow so many feet of flex hose.

If you do go hard line, I would look at using AN compression fittings on the ends. I really like AN fittings on a fuel system.
Old 06-26-2008, 07:04 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Pop N Wood
I have *heard* cars with all braided fuel lines will stink up an enclosed garage. More than one person has told me that from their personal experience.

Other thing to think about is some racing organizations will only allow so many feet of flex hose.

If you do go hard line, I would look at using AN compression fittings on the ends. I really like AN fittings on a fuel system.
Mine does stink up the garage, but I think it is the fuel cell not the lines.
Old 06-26-2008, 11:54 PM
TECH Resident

Get a new stainless 3/8 line. Cut the hose barbs off it and use compression to AN fittings. You want as little soft line on the car as reasonably possible.
Old 06-27-2008, 09:02 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Pop N Wood

I think this goes more for the stainless rubber without the liner inside. My push lock hose doesnt stink of fuel.

Rodder Get a new stainless 3/8 line. Cut the hose barbs off it and use compression to AN fittings. You want as little soft line on the car as reasonably possible.
what is the reasoning for this? Most circle track cars run all push lock hose.
Old 06-27-2008, 01:14 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Rodder
Get a new stainless 3/8 line. Cut the hose barbs off it and use compression to AN fittings. You want as little soft line on the car as reasonably possible.
This is what I am going to do. Thanks

Quick Reply: Russell Twist Lock Hose VS Stainless Steel Hard line