Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Couple ?'s Lq4

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2008, 05:31 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Couple ?'s Lq4

i have a 94 formula with no engine so im wanting to go lsx based. i noticed LQ4's r very cheap and easy to come by so my question is wut all is involved with placing an LQ4 engine in an lt1 based car, and also will an ls1 intake bolt rite up? the engines i have been looking at r complete engines with all sensors/harness/ecu but no tranny. will i need an ls1 ecu/harness. im really in the dark here about everything and im tryin to get by as cheap as possible....u guys know how it is
Old 06-28-2008, 05:34 PM
Banned

Yes The Ls1 Will Bolt Right Up Yes U Will Needed Get A New Pcm And Engine Harness Converted Best Bet Is Buying The Engine,tranny,&pcm Everything With It Be Alot Less

ALSO ON THE LQ4 BLOCK GTA CHANGE OUT THE PAN TO THE LS1,WATER PUMP,ALTERNATOR,CRANK PULLEY THERMOSTAT,UMM ALL I CAN THINK OF AT THE MOMENT
Old 06-28-2008, 05:42 PM
Teching In

well would it be worth it? i found ls1 intakes for 50-60 bucks havent looked for all that other stuff
Old 01-01-2009, 09:19 PM
Teching In

ok im about to start buying parts is there anything else i should know about. im rebuilding the car from the bottom up. so far my list goes like this

lq4
ls1 k-member
ls1 intake
tb
computer
harness?? have some ?'s about this
oil pan
alt bracket
alt
thermo
crank pulley
water pump
starter
shocks/struts
ball joints
flex plate?
tq arm

wut else do i need for an lq4 swap and do they make a harness where i can bolt into my old harness?