Dynamometer Results & Comparisons Dyno Records | Dyno Discussion | Dyno Wars

Dyno with the new setup...

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2008, 08:49 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Dyno with the new setup...

I actually was not expecting it to put down any kind of good numbers since my buddies dyno is a mustang dyno and was mainly throwing her on there to see where my powerband was, but I was pleasantly surprised with the numbers, dunno what it would equal to on a dynojet, but she layed down 475 to the wheels and this is thru a turbo 400 with a 4000 nitrous stall, a 12-bolt and on 28" slicks on motor.

The motor is a 12:1 374 cube LS1 with TEA 5.3 heads, a custom grind nitrous cam from allen @ futral motorsports, gmpp carb intake with an accufab 4150 tb, tsp 1-7/8" headers, and speed density tuning by me with efilive.
Old 06-29-2008, 09:06 PM
12 Second Club

Very Nice Dev. What did the last combo make? You went 10.8's on motor on the last set-up correct? I am willing to bet that there is damn near 600 at the crank of not more. What type of shot are you looking at shooting.
Old 06-29-2008, 09:14 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Chris Gage
Very Nice Dev. What did the last combo make? You went 10.8's on motor on the last set-up correct? I am willing to bet that there is damn near 600 at the crank of not more. What type of shot are you looking at shooting.
The old setup made around 460 on a dynojet, but here's the messed up part, that fast 90 had to have been choking me on the top end, cuz it peaked at like 5800 - 6000 and was dying hard by 6400, it was very weird, unless something was wrong with that dyno's rpm readings! But it definately didn't wanna pull to 7500 like it does now! It did go 10.8's on the old setup in like 40 degree weather and on 26" tires. I am dead out of the hole right now, couldn't get better than a 1.75 the other night, it's just got no low end with this intake and the converter is killing me, but when I spray that will be a different story! I'm gonna start out at 300 again and bump up to 400.
Old 06-29-2008, 10:07 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Loudmouth LS1
The old setup made around 460 on a dynojet, but here's the messed up part, that fast 90 had to have been choking me on the top end, cuz it peaked at like 5800 - 6000 and was dying hard by 6400, it was very weird, unless something was wrong with that dyno's rpm readings! But it definately didn't wanna pull to 7500 like it does now! It did go 10.8's on the old setup in like 40 degree weather and on 26" tires. I am dead out of the hole right now, couldn't get better than a 1.75 the other night, it's just got no low end with this intake and the converter is killing me, but when I spray that will be a different story! I'm gonna start out at 300 again and bump up to 400.
I remember not being happy with the FAST90, but I am not sure if the power peaking early was due to that intake or not. Seems to me the issue would have been elsewhere, but none the less your car rode out nicely on motor. I would expect that a ported FAST92 intake would do better for you on motor but I dont know how well those intakes take a 400shot.

What is the dip in yoru graph.. looks like at 7100 rpms. Looks like your power still wants to pull past that but on your graph it takes a sudden downstep? Is that somesort of restriction?

Cant wait to see your car back out at BMP.
Old 06-29-2008, 10:10 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Chris Gage
I remember not being happy with the FAST90, but I am not sure if the power peaking early was due to that intake or not. Seems to me the issue would have been elsewhere, but none the less your car rode out nicely on motor. I would expect that a ported FAST92 intake would do better for you on motor but I dont know how well those intakes take a 400shot.

What is the dip in yoru graph.. looks like at 7100 rpms. Looks like your power still wants to pull past that but on your graph it takes a sudden downstep? Is that somesort of restriction?

Cant wait to see your car back out at BMP.
It just starts to dip off slightly, it's peaking right about 7000, it was pretty much holding all the way to 7500, only dipped off a few hp. Unless the valves are floating, but it doesn't feel like it and it would dip off a lot harder!

I don't think the ported fast would do better than this intake, my fast 90 I had before was ported and this intake is kicking it's *** and is really gonna shine on the spray!!!
Old 06-30-2008, 02:41 PM

Damn impressive numbers! The car's driven on the street right? (looks like a plate on the back) If so then it's even more badass!
Old 06-30-2008, 04:02 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by ScreaminRedZ
Damn impressive numbers! The car's driven on the street right? (looks like a plate on the back) If so then it's even more badass!
Yup, hell, every friday night it sees close to 200 miles of driving hanging out with my boys!!! It's about 65 miles each way just to get up to where we all hang out and then any driving I do while i'm up there.