Nitrous Oxide Installation | Tuning | Products
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Will test spraying just fuel hurt anything?

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2008, 02:11 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Will test spraying just fuel hurt anything?

I want to test my setup a few times to make sure the fueling works as desired, will it hurt anything to fire off my 75 wet shot with the bottle closed? Thus just adding fuel? I want to make absolutely sure it fires off reliably before going into the bigger shots (up to 150).
Old 06-30-2008, 02:14 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just shoot it into a gas can or something if your really worried.
Old 06-30-2008, 02:29 AM
10 Second Club

I usually use a coke or gatorade bottle, then dump into the lawnmower. To me it's a much better way than spraying it into the intake.
Old 06-30-2008, 04:08 AM
Launching!

Might foul you plugs
Old 06-30-2008, 06:55 AM
8 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It wont hurt a thing.
I run a dry SD shot. What that means in this thread is that when the nitrous tune is in it puts the fuel in whether the bottle is open or even if the bottle is open the system is not energized. I have many times ran the car at WOT and this is a 200 shot, the car is slow and sputters but its really no big deal. Its a nice peace of mind watching the wideband bottom out, knowing your good to go!
Old 06-30-2008, 09:48 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by jmill96Z
I usually use a coke or gatorade bottle, then dump into the lawnmower. To me it's a much better way than spraying it into the intake.

X2--you don't want to chance fuel puddling in the intake.
Old 06-30-2008, 10:21 AM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

I wouldn't do it, you send the a/f too far rich and you can screw things up that way too, ask around on yellowbullet what happens when your tune is way too ruch, you lift ring lands and stuff and can cause just as much damage as if the car is too lean.

Honestly, that website has WAY more useful Nitrous information then you will find on here hands down. Most of it isn't related to lsx stuff, but for general nitrous related info it's so much better then here it's not even funny.

F body specific stuff can be found on here, but when it comes to tuneup questions, stuff like what you're asking, if you ask on here, then ask the same question there I guarintee you will get 2 totally different answers, and I tend to believe the racers on that website when given the choice.
Old 06-30-2008, 10:27 AM
10 Second Club

You don't need to run through the gears to figure out if it's working. Just turn the car on, close the bottle, arm the nitrous, and get under the hood. Give the car about 3k RPM's (depending on your window switch) with the throttle body, then hit the activation switch for the nitrous (only for a second). If the car bogs down, it's getting the fuel. If it doesn't bog down, you have issues.
Old 06-30-2008, 10:34 AM
Race your car!

You should be able to just turn the car to the "on" position, and then unhook the fuel line from the nozzle/plate or whatever, and hit the WOT switch and hear the solenoid click and see fuel come out.

I really wouldn't spray fuel into the intake like this, it's asking for trouble.

If you have a window switch, if you pull the chips out it should work with the car off. If I remember correctly with no chip in the window switch for the low end it should just turn on if you hit the WOT swtich.
Old 06-30-2008, 10:38 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by JL ws-6
You should be able to just turn the car to the "on" position, and then unhook the fuel line from the nozzle/plate or whatever, and hit the WOT switch and hear the solenoid click and see fuel come out.

I really wouldn't spray fuel into the intake like this, it's asking for trouble.

If you have a window switch, if you pull the chips out it should work with the car off. If I remember correctly with no chip in the window switch for the low end it should just turn on if you hit the WOT swtich.
You've got a point. I think my way is more for the DP guys.
Old 06-30-2008, 10:54 AM
Race your car!

The way you're talking about doing it can be done, but with a DP what I would do is just pull the fuse for the fuel pump, or unhook the fuel line, somehow just make sure that there's no fuel spraying, and just click the WOT switch.
Old 06-30-2008, 11:33 AM
8 second mod

i would do it, spray the **** out of it, thats what its there for. who cars if the car doesnt burn it, its just going to fill the oil with gas and thin it out that makes it faster right?
lol

sorry had to do it.

theres better ways to test then hammering down with just the fuel on.
Old 06-30-2008, 12:09 PM
Race your car!

Personally, before each track trip I check to make sure everything is working as it should. Make sure all the chassis stuff is tight, make sure the elec water pump turns on with the switch, that sort of thing.

I also check the nitrous system to make sure all the solenoids are working. with the car off, I arm the system and hit the WOT switch, with the fuel line going to the plate off the plate and in a soda can. This way any pressure that's in the fuel system will be released into the can and not the intake.

I make sure I can physcially feel the solenoid click with the WOT switch, both when I activate the kit and when the kit is deactivated, probably the more important part to check is the deactivation, last thing you want is the kit getting stuck on

I have a checklist I go over that is probably as much if not more then the average guy does, but I attest going to the track and not having problems with stuff like the nitrous kit not working, that type of stuff to the checklist.
Old 06-30-2008, 02:57 PM
12 Second Club

I've done it before. I had something in fuel line from the noid to the nozzle. it was hurting a lotso that engaged the fuel only,it dropped the af about one point. hooke the line to the purge, hit it, something flew out,an then it pegged the af gauge at 9.0:1. couldn't figure out what was going on before I did that.