Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Questions about running duals, torque arm, loop

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2008, 07:40 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Questions about running duals, torque arm, loop

So headers will be on their way this week and plan on ordering all the piping, etc... You will have to excuse me because I am not all too familiar with the suspension pieces out there. Since I will be adding duals and eventually looking to clip into the 11's I need a loop and at some point I know a torque arm since it seems everyone changes them (and I may have to do a 9" against my wishes). So what loop, torque arm, SFC's and loop? For right now I want to order the loop and bolt-in SFC's. I eyeballed up standard UMI bolt-in SFC's since for my goals I don't think I need the three points.
Also for mufflers is it safe to say on these cars running duals you are better off going with smaller mufflers? I want something that sounds good, flows good but isn't loud as hell or drones. Suggestions?
Old 06-30-2008, 10:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The subframes should be fine, I would suggest weld in though. It is ALOT stronger bond with the frames and will cost the exact same as the bolt in after all said and done. There are plenty of places in the area that will install them. As for the loop, I PM'ed BMR about it. I am installing true duals on mine in about 2 days along with the rest of the stuff in my sig. I don't think the BMR Safety Loop will not fit possibly, but am going to find out. I'll let you know when I do.