Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2008, 03:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default exhaust

so i have been looking at exhaust and god damn its expensive! so im trying to determine if its worth it or not. so i was gonna ask some of you that have installed it if it is or not. have been kinda looking around and see some dyno results but a lot of you that are posting have a lot of different things done to it.

i dont mod my vette and dont really plan on doing anything crazy with it at the time. its my daily driver and i LOVE it! dont wanna ruin it haha. but right now it has a Veraram intake on it(came with it when i bought it) and everything else is "stock" i lay down 320whp and 330wtrq. im almost running with stock C5 Z06's which i didnt think a ramair would add that much so i think the previous owner tuned it :shrug:

but down to the question.....i had my exhaust guy look at the corvettes exhaust and he said it was the best exhaust he has ever seen from a factory vehicle. he didnt wanna touch it besides the axle back where the pipes are sized down for the 4 pipes into the mufflers and what not. so really an axle back is all he recommended just to get mufflers, then at that point im not sure if its worth the $700-$1000 that most axle backs are selling for to just get some sound outta it....
so did your exhaust actually lay down numbers worth that much? or are you buying sound? i know companies claim "up to 12hp" or what have you, but how realistic are those numbers now? not worth **** for my previous vehicles
Old 07-05-2008, 03:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 70 Posts

if you are happy with it leave it. i think better exhaust is about sound and performance.

Last edited by 01ssreda4; 07-06-2008 at 03:56 AM.
Old 07-05-2008, 05:39 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought a magnaflow catback first mod (after intake) and personally I like my car loud. Put on headers and sold the catback I would advise doing headers if any type of exhaust.