Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

just made it to RAF mildenhall need some help

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2008, 01:00 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default just made it to RAF mildenhall need some help

this is an LSx fourm so yeah i need my car. the car is in southern cali. is there a port there for shipping the car. i dont remember if my mods are in my sig its been a while so i have long tubes, no cats, lid, also i have tint all the way around, lights, turn sigals. after all the **** of moving thousands of miles away from my family i need my car. what do i need to do to get my car over here. im assuming cats, those lame *** side turn signals, new rear light(mine ar tinted) remove window tint. also the seats are not mounted in stock location, they were out of a 350z so will i need original seats?

please any advise will help.

if you are over here in the uk give me a call, send me a pm
Old 07-13-2008, 05:58 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by sk8co
this is an LSx fourm so yeah i need my car. the car is in southern cali. is there a port there for shipping the car. i dont remember if my mods are in my sig its been a while so i have long tubes, no cats, lid, also i have tint all the way around, lights, turn sigals. after all the **** of moving thousands of miles away from my family i need my car. what do i need to do to get my car over here. im assuming cats, those lame *** side turn signals, new rear light(mine ar tinted) remove window tint. also the seats are not mounted in stock location, they were out of a 350z so will i need original seats?

please any advise will help.

if you are over here in the uk give me a call, send me a pm
The ports are called VPC's, the closest for you is:

Los Angles, CA VPC
23803 S. Wilmington Ave.
Carson, CA 90745

If you do ship it you have to have at least 1 year and one day left on station, or only be in country for less that 4 months. When it gets here youll have 30 days to ride on your US plates. You wont need any of the **** done, i have a guy about 1 hour from base who will "MOT" your car He owns a T/A. PM me for his email...

Anyways, im on Lakenheath so i can help you out with the process.... i just shipped my T/A last year...

-justin
Old 07-27-2008, 08:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

you guys are way too lucky... I love england, you guys air force?
Old 08-02-2008, 11:08 PM
On The Tree

To get my car MOTed, it cost me about 320bux or about 170lbs at the time. That was back in 2003; and it was on a 95 Mustang; so you can expect to pay about that much for your Inspection over there. I heard they were pretty lax down there at MDhall and Lkheath; but I dunno. It all depends on the inspector, cuz I had my Stang out there with absolutely no cataltyic convertors; straight offroad H-pipe and the guy let me go with just the light conversion. Oh yeah...make sure they switch them back too or you will have to pay to get it down once you get back stateside. But your car is already Euro spec though, cuz they sale 350zs over there. So it shouldn't be that much for you. It all depends on how the queen wants to treat you. Let me know if I can help.
Old 08-03-2008, 08:37 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by jbusmc1986
you guys are way too lucky... I love england, you guys air force?
Its cool, but ive been here almost 4 years now, so im ready for a change. yea were air force...

Originally Posted by 1actsv
To get my car MOTed, it cost me about 320bux or about 170lbs at the time. That was back in 2003; and it was on a 95 Mustang; so you can expect to pay about that much for your Inspection over there. I heard they were pretty lax down there at MDhall and Lkheath; but I dunno. It all depends on the inspector, cuz I had my Stang out there with absolutely no cataltyic convertors; straight offroad H-pipe and the guy let me go with just the light conversion. Oh yeah...make sure they switch them back too or you will have to pay to get it down once you get back stateside. But your car is already Euro spec though, cuz they sale 350zs over there. So it shouldn't be that much for you. It all depends on how the queen wants to treat you. Let me know if I can help.
Well the guy i know will just charge you £50/$100, its the standard charge pretty much everywhere. he is very cool... GUARANTEE PASS!

-justin
Old 08-03-2008, 12:32 PM
On The Tree

Sounds like you got a pretty good hook up; will that include the light conversions too? If so, that sounds like an unbeatable deal.
Old 08-03-2008, 10:41 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 1actsv
Sounds like you got a pretty good hook up; will that include the light conversions too? If so, that sounds like an unbeatable deal.
he thinks the fender indicators and the rear amber turn signals look like ****, so he doesnt care for them. only he does is adjust the headlights to face the other way away from oncoming traffic.

-justin

Quick Reply: just made it to RAF mildenhall need some help