General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Wierd noises

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2008, 01:09 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need alot of help.

When I'm driving the car at very low speeds such as parking lot manuvering and parallel parking... etc. whenever i turn the steering wheel theres a horrible whining noise. it also happens when I'm starting out from a stop and i have to turn. My first thoughts are power steering pump or what not, but i just recently had the rack and pump all replaced. New pulley tensioner was put in this weekend but that didn't solve the problem either.

Noise number 2: When i accelerate in first gear it almost sounds like i have a supercharger, usualy goes away after i shift into second. I'm thinking maybe related to above?

Noise number 3: almost like a ticking noise when driving and accelerating, it's on and off, sometimes the noise will be there, sometimes it wont.

Noise number 4: when i first start the car up, especially if its a cold start up. When you either rev the car up a bit or drive, as you let off the gas to shift, it sounds almost liek i have a blow off valve or something, sounds liek the supra style blow off valves that soudn liek whistley or something. I recently had 1 magnaflow highflow cat put in, along wiht the magnaflow catback and y pipe. There also seems to be alot more noise coming from the headers now in general. Possibly related to this but if u rev the car up when ur standing stil to past 4k and release it there are popping sounds almost as if its backfiring? All of this started after the new exhaust.

one more problem.
when i drive with the headlights on at night occasionally the head unit will turn off. The lights will stay on on it, but the display will compeltely turn off, music will shut off and time wont be displayed either, occasionally happens on bumps but only happens at night so im assuming its the alternator?

Thanks for all the help guys

Last edited by xRelapse13; 07-07-2008 at 04:39 PM.
Old 07-07-2008, 07:32 PM
TECH Resident

anybody?
Old 07-08-2008, 09:17 PM
On The Tree

I have the same steering issues and i have no idea what it could be.
Old 07-09-2008, 09:15 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Usasoc
I have the same steering issues and i have no idea what it could be.
hey man i figured out my steering issues today, flush out your power steering pump fluid and it should fix your issues. I did mine today not only does the steering feel alot better but there isnt anymore noise either.

how bout the other problems, cmon nebody out there who can help?
Old 07-09-2008, 09:45 PM
Formerly darynC-10/23/10

is it when you turned the wheel as far as it will go? that just the power steering bottoming out all GM vehicles do it , ( all of mine have)
Old 07-13-2008, 03:54 PM
TECH Resident

anybody have any ideas about the exhaust sounds on a cold start up?