Sponsored by:

Couple of LSx T-56 pedal/clutch questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2008, 04:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Couple of LSx T-56 pedal/clutch questions

Hey guys,

I'm just about ready to hang the new pedals, when I realized that I don't have the "clutch anticipate switch" (or whatever it's called) that's needed with the new T-56. Given the fact that I'll be using an '07 or '08 truck ECM program, does anyone have a good idea of what switch will work? (AFAIK, it's just a momentary-on or momentary-off switch that either cuts or enables current through the switch, depending on pedal position - is that correct??)

I'll more-than-likely be using the stock 3rdgen pedals, so my initial thought was to use a 3rdgen switch, since I know it would fit the bracket assembly - but I don't know if there is any difference between that & the newer type. If the 3rdgen unit won't work, then what about one from an '02 F-body? Maybe an '06 GTO or an '07 or '08 Vette (since those are a lot closer to the model year of the ECM programming)?

My next question is this - since I'll need to drill the hole for the clutch master cylinder anyway, it seems to me that relocating the stud on the 3rdgen clutch pedal arm is not strictly necessary, as long as that position is taken into account when drilling that hole. Is that correct, or is there something that I'm not thinking about here? (I obviously don't have the master cyl yet...)

Finally, does anyone have a source for new pedal pads? The 3rdgen pedals that I bought are a bit used (& show it), they look even worse next to the brand-new DBW accelerator pedal that I just got...

Thanks guys.

(Apologies to those of you who've also seen this on TGO, but I'm hoping to maybe get the part today...)