Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Lots of noise from front end.

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2008, 07:54 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Angry Lots of noise from front end.

My car is making a lot of noise whenever I hit a bump and it doesnt have to be a huge bump. I have the eibach springs(dont know which ones, they are blue), with KYB strut for the front. I had it out to a buddies place last night and we took a look at it. We noticed the springs at the bottom were really close togeather and were probably hitting against each other when they compress. This is my first modded car so I guess that could be right.

But the trouble started today when I was driving. I was going probably 50 or so and hit a pretty big bump. It made a bunch of clunks and rattles and the usual noise it made when I went over smaller bumps. Now it makes all of those noises(kind of hard to explain exactly) when I go over any bump at all(even small ones) and then almost bounces for a while. If I get on the brakes moderately hard it also does it. Before I could believe that it sometimes makes the noise but after today it sounds like there is really something wrong. And it feels like the handling is a lot worse.

I dont have a the space to work on it here(1 car garage) and dont really want to drive it 10 miles to my buddies place. I looked at it the most I could and it looks just like it did yesterday lifted up.

What could this be? I tried to explain it the best I could.
Old 07-08-2008, 08:54 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well just start with the basics, shake the front end down, check tie rods, ball joints, sway bar end links and bushings. Nothing should be loose, it should all be nice and tight. Also Inspect the struts/springs the best you can. The strut may possibly be blow out?
Old 07-09-2008, 07:08 PM
12 Second Club

Figured it out today since I looked when there was more light. Looks like the top of the strut came out of the mounting place there and is now on the outside of the spring. Now how in the hell do I fix this? Just replace the struts or just get them on the inside of the spring? And now Ill probably have to trailer it to my buddies place to get it fixed.
Old 07-09-2008, 09:53 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hmm well it would prob. be best to replace the strut. You can try to fix the strut the best u can, but the problem might happen again. Is there any way to show us pics?
Old 07-09-2008, 10:04 PM
12 Second Club

I didnt take any, although I wish I would have now. I talked to my dad and I had to explain to him for 30 minutes what happened and I still dont think he believed me. Ill get some tomorrow after work or before we start working on them.

Im sure I will just replace them.

Quick Reply: Lots of noise from front end.