Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

is it worth it? ed 6.5 subs and aftermarket system

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2008, 02:32 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question is it worth it? ed 6.5 subs and aftermarket system

hey guys would it be worth it to get a set of ed 6.5 subs for the rear sails in my car? the car has a full aftermarket system in it this is what i have.

alpine 7892 hu(might get another hu soon)
memphis belle 1300 5 channel amp 75x4 @ 4 ohms 115x4 @ 2 ohms +600x1 @ 2 ohms and the memphis amps are underrated so they put out a little more power.

mb quart premium series 6.5 componet set run off the front channels of the amp.

no rear speakers for now.

2 12in memphis pr's in a subthump well box and are geting about 600+ watts and they hit good but is the cheaper part of the system compared to every thing else.

so should i go with the ed subs to get some mid bass? i try to keep a lot of bass out of my front componets to keep em sounding clean and it all sounds good just seems to be missing some thing. if i do get them they will get about 115 watts a piece rms or maybe a little more.

i like strong mid bass and my benz has the harmon kardon upgraded stereo and the door speakers put out a lot of mid bass and even with an aftermarket system i cant get close to how the mids in my benz sound.
Old 07-10-2008, 03:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

they will land you some solid midbass but be prepared to deaden the hell out of the rear speaker area

are your doors sound deadened, this will help with midbass
Old 07-10-2008, 06:31 PM
12 Second Club

my rear sail area is already deadened and my doors are sealed decent but i have the foam speaker baskets in my doors because when i wash my car my mid will get a little wet so i put the foam things(not shure what there called). and it does sound better with the foam baffles so i guess they act like a sealed box. any one got any more input?
and thanks pentavolvo.
Old 07-10-2008, 09:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ive ran the 6.5 ed subs in other cars with good results... my buddys bro has them in his camaro off the monsoon amp and it sounds good so im thinkin with an amp it would be nice
Old 07-11-2008, 02:23 AM
12 Second Club

has any one ran them off of the sort of power im going to run mine on?
Old 07-11-2008, 10:09 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Since your going with an aftermarket amp the eD's would not be neccesary as they are DVC. With the aftermarket amp you can go with whatever you want. The eD's are usually the answer for the sails because they are DVC and the stock Monsoon channel in the Firebird is DVC.
If your looking for really solid midbass and then some I have the CDT M-6 and the ES-06+. These produce great bass reproduction and are exactly what you are looking for. The M-6 even has 10mm of excursion while the ES-06+ has about 14mm. All that from a 6.5" driver. I can do the M-6 for $199.00/pair. The ES-06+ I can do for $249.00/pair on special.
Here are some pics of the ES-06+. This is CDT's top of the line 6.5" driver.

This is the M-6: