Multimedia Exchange Videos | Sound Clips | Photos | Photoshop

Check out this review of the Cobalt SS turbo

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2008, 11:15 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Check out this review of the Cobalt SS turbo

I actually like the new sedan coming out....

http://www.urbanracer.com/articles/a...3039&print=yes
Old 07-12-2008, 12:41 AM
11 Second Club

I like it.
Old 07-12-2008, 01:03 AM
TECH Apprentice

I wish they would have given it like 300hp, and embarass the stupidass new gen mustang GT's.

A little off topic but i find it funny a stock 98 z28 will drag a 2009 Mustang GT.
Old 07-12-2008, 01:07 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

about time they went turbo
Old 07-12-2008, 06:34 AM
TECH Addict

A guy was just dyno'd at Mayhem with a 50 shot and made 300 whp. I actually like the look of the sedan, though I've never really been a Cobalt guy. I like reading a truly good review of an American made car. It doesn't happen often. Not everyone places utmost importance on interior panel fit and finish. My 06 GTI had great fit and finish but squeaked and rattled from the interior like a freak. I could see a TBE, MBT, and tune netting some serious gains on these cars.
Old 07-12-2008, 08:15 AM
TECH Enthusiast

It would be cool if this was rwd, 6 speed, 300hp. I think it would be a fun car.
I just dont like fwd performance cars.
Old 07-12-2008, 11:24 AM
11 Second Club

I forsee some nasty, fart canning, BOV having, rice sticker sportin Balts in the future.
Old 07-12-2008, 12:09 PM
Teching In

pertty cool, looks like they are getting there...all they need to do is make it rwd!
Old 07-12-2008, 03:39 PM
On The Tree

My G/F wants one bad lol. I hate front wheel drive, RWD or even AWD and she would of had one by now. This one looks to have a ton more potential than the SC version, I hope to see many 300hp light bolton cars. I wish GM would go after the EVO and STI with the cobalt, beat the imports at their own game. Imagine like a 2.8L 60 trim AWD stock SS cobalt lol, butt-******* evo's and sti's all over the place.
Old 07-12-2008, 09:57 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Prey4Me
My G/F wants one bad lol. I hate front wheel drive, RWD or even AWD and she would of had one by now. This one looks to have a ton more potential than the SC version, I hope to see many 300hp light bolton cars. I wish GM would go after the EVO and STI with the cobalt, beat the imports at their own game. Imagine like a 2.8L 60 trim AWD stock SS cobalt lol, butt-******* evo's and sti's all over the place.
WERD!
Old 07-13-2008, 10:50 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by twizted_creations
I forsee some nasty, fart canning, BOV having, rice sticker sportin Balts in the future.
Really?

Why?

Like we don't have them now or something?
Old 07-13-2008, 12:49 PM
11 Second Club

They are going to have a bigger excuse now cause of the turbo.... I have seen a handfull here where I am at outside Chicago, but I have a feeling that now that they are turbo, its going to get worse. Not a big deal. I actually dont mind cobalts, and have run across a few that were "tastefully" modded, and fairly quick for econo boxs...... As I have stated before in another thread awhile back, that I would buy one for my teenage daughter, but not for myself or wife.
Old 07-13-2008, 01:20 PM
TECH Junkie

They are going to have a bigger excuse now cause of the turbo.... I have seen a handfull here where I am at outside Chicago, but I have a feeling that now that they are turbo, its going to get worse. Not a big deal. I actually dont mind cobalts, and have run across a few that were "tastefully" modded, and fairly quick for econo boxs...... As I have stated before in another thread awhile back, that I would buy one for my teenage daughter, but not for myself or wife.
Since they are turbocharged, the ricers will like them more? Those are some smart ricers. Everything turbocharged is better.
Old 07-13-2008, 01:30 PM
11 Second Club

Your words not mine... I just said its going to give them a bigger excuse. I am sure you have them down there, where just cause they have a turbo car, they think its a race car. Now, as soon as your done being an internet warrior, respectfully go **** yourself.
Old 07-13-2008, 02:24 PM
TECH Junkie

Your words not mine... I just said its going to give them a bigger excuse. I am sure you have them down there, where just cause they have a turbo car, they think its a race car. Now, as soon as your done being an internet warrior, respectfully go **** yourself.
Who's being an internet warrior? I was trying to understand what you were trying to say, and made a little joke about turbocharging being better since I'm a turbo aficionado...

As soon as you're finished chasing phantom arguments that don't exist, reinterpret my posts please... Sorry you took it the wrong way.

I'd never write anything that rude to someone that hasn't insulted me in any way, but this is the internet... LOL, who's the real internet warrior?

Relax, and if you still don't like my posts just ignore them... I happen to post whatever the **** I want.
Old 07-13-2008, 02:34 PM
11 Second Club

We are all entitled to an opinion, and I stated mine, and explained myself.

I noticed your sig, and congrats. Sick *** numbers.... You have seen the type of people I am refering too.. Loud BOV's, Big exhaust, and the car only does 15-16's at the track, but yet these asshats run around at 4000+ rpms like there POS stickered car is running in the Indy 500... Plain old annoying.

In the bigger picture, I am sick of how Chevy throws the SS badges around on all thier econo family cars now, and how people buy into it like they are getting some kind of muscle car. I guess it makes them feel better about picking the kids up from soccer practice.
Old 07-13-2008, 02:49 PM
On The Tree

I might have to go check one of these out. Id like to have one as a DD.
Old 07-13-2008, 02:54 PM
TECH Junkie

We are all entitled to an opinion, and I stated mine, and explained myself.
... Not clearly.

You also like to throw out insults.

Don't quote me after asking me to leave you alone (even though you "respectfully" asked)... I probably wouldn't listen anyway, but it makes for a hypocritical request.

Yes, it has been long known what the "new" GM is... They've let down alot of people.

The only GM cars I can say I truly like now are the Corvette, MAYBE the new Camaro (still undecided), and the CTS-V.

I wouldn't miss a single Pontiac if they did away with that entire line tomorrow.

This car will offer cheap performance, and unlike putting little Roots blowers on a four-banger, the dumbest idea in the world IMO, they are going with a route that's more appealing... It will be more efficient out of the box, and it will be very easily modded, appealing to both enthusiast and ricer... Reflash/tuned, catback, and boost controller until the stock turbo is maxed... Probably for less than $1k and the car will be well over 300 hp. I still don't know if I particularly "like it."
Old 07-15-2008, 01:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thats a plus... I'm really considering trading in my 07 SS/SC for one.
Old 07-15-2008, 02:26 PM
TECH Addict

I can see them being quite quick with minimal mods. I'd look at the Mazdaspeed3 and the SS.