Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

no fuel at rail after racetronix pump and harness install

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2008, 10:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default no fuel at rail after racetronix pump and harness install

I dont believe the pump is getting any power. The relay clicks up in front of the car but the one in the back where the harness plugs in at is not clicking. I believe the polarity is right. I know the jackasses that put the original 255 pump in like 7 yrs ago wired it back wards and changed the harness pins and been fine ever since. so i wired it exactly like the other one came out. any ideas?
Old 07-12-2008, 12:06 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi, Take the fuel pump relay out. Key off. Test for power at one of the female plugs. The F/P fuse supplys power all the time to that plug, Orange wire. When the relay clicks, & closes the contacs It puts power to the grey wires female connector that goes back to the pump. You would, key off only show power at one female. Turn the key on, relay out. You would show power at 2 females. The 2nd powered one would be the electro-magnets power. You have that ok as the relays clicking. Clicking dosen't mean the contacs inside the F/P relay aren't burnt & bad connection there. That said. At the pump end connector under the rear. The Grey wire is power to the pump, Black wire is the ground for the pump, white wire & purple wire is for the fuel gauges sending units power to and from back to the gauge. Dave

Last edited by locodave46; 07-12-2008 at 12:18 PM.
Old 07-16-2008, 10:49 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Might check this thread to see if it's the same problem as yours.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/fueling-injection/955457-racetronix-install-problem.html