Wiring, Stereo & Electronics Audio Components | Radars | Alarms - and things that spark when they shouldn't

HELP: Monsoon Headunit Problem!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2008, 10:36 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP: Monsoon Headunit Problem!!

Ok, so here's the problem...

My stock headunit worked perfect when I took it out of the car to replace it with an aftermarket one (JVC AVX1)...when i was installing the jvc unit a couple of months ago everything was all wired up and was fine and then all of a sudden my battery died. So from that moment on it would only light up for about 5 seconds and then turn off. I thought it was because the battery was dead so i jump started it and it kept doing the same thing. I ended up having to wire it using the memory wire to power it and having to make sure to turn it off every time i turned the car off. After about 4 months or so i got tired of having to do this and having to deal with taking off the faceplate and decided to back to a monsoon.

So today I received it and took down the jvc unit and put all the wires back to the pin connectors (since i cut them instead of getting a harness ) So i matched up all the colors up and hook it up to the monsoon and hit the button and absolutely nothing happens. If i hit the hr or min button it displays the time and then turns off in about 5 seconds, I am able to try and set the time and i can load and eject cds, all lights come on when i turn the headlights on. But it won't power up for the life of it.

I checked on here to make sure which was the power line and stuff and even switched the yellow wires thinking i had gotten them backwards with no luck. I tried wiring the yellow wires to the memory wire (orange) and nothing either. I'm really lost and I don't even know if the yellow wire has anything to do with it. I know green is power from the battery and yellow ignition but other than that its driving me nuts.

Anyone know what the problem might be? at this point ANYTHING would be helpful..Thanks!!
Old 07-12-2008, 10:51 AM
On The Tree

anyone?
Old 07-19-2008, 05:12 PM
Teching In

It is possible that the theftlock feature of the head unit is enabled. There is a section about it in your manual. If you can't unlock it, I know that a dealer can help. They are able to get the delco master codes, they will just need all of your serial numbers off your head unit.